Careful with workers in your home - Stole my fishing Rod & Reel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Careful with workers in your home - Stole my fishing Rod & Reel

Be careful guys with contractors working in your home and fishing rods. Before we had them come do the work for many days putting floors etc in we locked in the safe most all important items. However, I had a stack of about 9 fishing rods & reels in a floor rack. They were moved around from room to room since they were putting in floors. When they were done I did not notice my Favorite Rod and a brand new Lews Speed Spool mounted on that favorite rod was missing until about 2 weeks later. They selectively took one (the best one) of 9 or so the rod and reel combos in that rack.

Of course nobody knows nothing about it. Its a 7 ft rod dude it ain't hiding no where. They knew what they were taking and that I probably would not notice just one missing.

Anyway, FYI

Ranchdog

Take it out of pay

Comment

If you haven't paid them take it out of the pay. HNIC will find out real quick who took it if you get into his wallet.

Comment

Already paid them.

Comment

A good contractor would replace it for you. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
            A good contractor would replace it for you. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Thanks one of them probably would have, he is a good guy. The problem is there were more than one contractor in there. The floor guy, The tile guys, the front door guy, the shutter guy, etc.

Not all them under my main contractor. Can't nail down which crew took it. Plus we had disconnected the camera system in that room since it was tied to the computer system we had to move out.

RD

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
              Already paid them.
              I was afraid that was the case since you said a couple weeks had passed. I hate slimey contractors. I have had a real winner doing a remodel on a house for me the last couple of weeks. Finally cut bait with him last night moved his tools outside, locked everything up and left a check for what he had done to this point.

Comment

That sucks. I came home one day during our home reno and like 6 of the 8 guys in the house were smoking. They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them to GTFO of the house if they needed to smoke.

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
                  That sucks. I came home one day during our home reno and like 6 of the 8 guys in the house were smoking. They looked at me like I was crazy when I told them to GTFO of the house if they needed to smoke.
                  This would have escalated quick in my house and they would have been fired.

Comment

Maybe one tip I would offer if your in the middle of remodeling is it might be worth it to rent a climate controlled storage unit and shove items in there. We had to move a bunch of it around daily, up stairs etc. It almost would have been just as easy to rent a storage unit and shove it in there.

Thanks for letting me rant !! Ranchdog

Comment

Contact each and everyone of the contractors, and let them know that you know what they did. You probably won't get it back, but, at least you gave them a piece of your mind.

And let each one know, the satisfaction rating for recommendations is in the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
                        Thanks one of them probably would have, he is a good guy. The problem is there were more than one contractor in there. The floor guy, The tile guys, the front door guy, the shutter guy, etc.

Not all them under my main contractor. Can't nail down which crew took it. Plus we had disconnected the camera system in that room since it was tied to the computer system we had to move out.

RD
                        Dang. That sucks. Been there...not with thievery but muddy boots on new carpet and overflowing toilets. Hard to point a finger at anyone in particular.

Comment

That is a bummer man.

We had a contractor put a new metal roof, siding, gutters, and windows in our house back in PA in 2014. I noticed several tools missing from my garage. We left it open so they had access to power and the fridge I had out there with water (they also helped themselves to beer when their boss told them not to lol). Of course they denied taking anything, and I couldn't prove it. But when you pay someone almost $15k for work you think they would be above stealing $100 in tools. We no longer trust anyone to do work unless we are there when they do it.

Comment

Sad Day for sure.

Comment

Going to let my wife read this. She thinks I am paranoid about not wanting people at the house for any reason. Had a co-worker in Farmers Branch that had his house broke into. It was the cousin of a kid his son was friends with and had been in their house several times.

Comment

Working...
                              X