X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Obama.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
      I must be missing something... How can a US Court charge anyone from South Africa, Zimbabwe, or anywhere else for crimes that are not in the US and not residents of the US?? Not saying I condone with the guy did, but how does the USA have ANY jurisdiction?

What am I missing in the article?
      Arresting officer must have been Matt Dillon. Borders never concerned old Matt !

Comment

I’m with the majority here, I don’t agreee with what’s happening but I don’t like the US FWS going after people elsewhere. Govt shouldn’t be the worlds police.
        Last edited by Jmh05; 07-09-2018, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
          did you read the article?

it just takes money and Africa will do just about anything...
          Unfortunately, it isn't just Africa that is infected with this---

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post
            I’m with the majority here, I don’t agreee with what’s happening but I don’t like the US FWS going after people elsewhere. Govt shouldn’t be the worlds police.
            I could not agree more. Be interesting to learn the entire story on this.
            Sadly, over-reach by our Fish and Wildlife Service has been a problem for the last 20 years or so. I was really thinking Zinke would get those issues crushed quickly, especially with our president having sons that enjoy global hunting. Hopefully SCI get a report out quickly to what this is all about.
            Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
            Unfortunately, it isn't just Africa that is infected with this---
            Yep, you got that right.

Comment

We should mind our own business on this one

Spend the money they are wasting on this on finding and eliminating terrorist cells would make more sense

Comment

Some day we just have to realize that we can't be the world's police.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                  I don't see it as any of our governments business.

So I was Told...............

Our government did not like the way I was able to do my bow hunt for Elephant in Mozambique.
                  We broke no law or even came close to breaking one but someone with our Fish and Wildlife didn't like it.

I am not even sure how it would have came to their attention as I did not try to import any part of the one I shot.

The fellow I went with booked 4 more hunts for the next year and built a camp.
                  It took our government no more than 6 months to pressure ( find the right person in Mozambique to bribe ) Mozambique to outlaw hunting Elephants with a bow.

My tax dollars at work....

None of our business what those folks do in their own country JMO
                  The US disrupting local commerce in other nations and then wondering why poor folks are trying to leave their "SH" countries to the US

Comment

Well at least I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's struggling to understand the original article anyway!

Comment

I must be missing something... How can a US Court charge anyone from South Africa, Zimbabwe, or anywhere else for crimes that are not in the US and not residents of the US?? Not saying I condone with the guy did, but how does the USA have ANY jurisdiction?

I'm sure they are prosecuting under one of the provisions of the Lacey Act. Broad jurisdiction that goes across borders. B/c he was selling illegal hunts to Americans, they got him on some sort of CITES violation, which the Lacey Act has authority.

Comment

That may be it, but there sure is nothing in the article that indicates that at all. The article reads like they busted the guy no different than they would for someone killin' a Whooping Crane or Bald Eagle here on our soil...

Comment

Agree- the article is light on facts on exactly how they are prosecuting. But the Lacey Act is far-reaching and if the animal in question is covered by CITES and involves a US hunter, safari company advertising in the US or talking to an undercover US "hunter," the Lacey Act has jurisdiction (often wielded by overzealous, liberal prosecutors with a bias against hunting).

Comment

the part where the government explains its use of massive government overreach.

I hope he tells em to pound sand.

he should be arrested and tried in the country where the violations occurred.

Comment

Originally posted by Charrison View Post
                              Agree- the article is light on facts on exactly how they are prosecuting. But the Lacey Act is far-reaching and if the animal in question is covered by CITES and involves a US hunter, safari company advertising in the US or talking to an undercover US "hunter," the Lacey Act has jurisdiction (often wielded by overzealous, liberal prosecutors with a bias against hunting).
                              Ahhh.....very well said sir. Makes sense.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oscar, you haven't gotten anything from your folks at SCI? They usually have the skinny on these things... maybe it's too new even though this was several months ago...

Comment

Working...
                                X