If you could change the TPWD hunting laws/regs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you could change the TPWD hunting laws/regs

They seem to change very little yr after yr. I would like to see a later start in the yr for deer hunting in general.

Maybe the first day of November. Ending with general season in late January. Not all counties have the rut Thansgiving week. October can be really hot as well.

I would personally like to see the opening of spring turkey season in Grayson County moved back to April 1st. like it used to be.

Comment

I wish the 13" rule had some sort of leeway on mature bucks. If a buck is 4 yrs old or older the 13" shouldn't apply. I understand the rule saves a lot of young bucks BUT if protects the breeding bucks with inferior genetics. That's my Christmas wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
        I wish the 13" rule had some sort of leeway on mature bucks. If a buck is 4 yrs old or older the 13" shouldn't apply. I understand the rule saves a lot of young bucks BUT if protects the breeding bucks with inferior genetics. That's my Christmas wish list.
        Yeah I agree with you. I do not hunt in AR restricted areas but have seen posts on this as well. Very cut and dry.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
          Yeah I agree with you. I do not hunt in AR restricted areas but have seen posts on this as well. Very cut and dry.
          Yep.

Comment

i would like to see AR imposed statewide to include mule deer.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
              They seem to change very little yr after yr. I would like to see a later start in the yr for deer hunting in general.

Maybe the first day of November. Ending with general season in late January. Not all counties have the rut Thansgiving week. October can be really hot as well.
              I agree..it doesn't get good until late December.

Comment

Later start to mule deer season for Scurry County and surrounding counties. The deer are just starting to rut on last weekend of season. I see it every year.

Comment

Originally posted by D12 View Post
                  Have you seen an “age this deer” thread on here? Ages would range from 1.5- Old as burnadell. I do wish they would make AR for adult hunters only, let kids shoot what they want.

Comment

Lead shot would be legal

Comment

since we are all complaining about things we don't like, can I make a motion. I move to make it illegal to mention genetics when talking about anything other than a breeding operation when it comes to deer. 😁😁😁😁

Comment

Our Rut is the 4th week of October, by Mid November the deer disappear. Please don't push back the start of bow season.... It's perfect as is.

If your rut is thanksgiving, or december you're still getting to hunt the rut now or if you push season back. If you push it back to 1st of November, some of us will miss our hot time in October.... No thanks

Comment

Make dove season open state wide on Labor Day. All the dove are gone or shot by the time south zone opens!

Comment

Dec 1 to Feb 28 duck season
                            No AR restrictions for youth.
                            If you hit one with your car you should be able to take it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                              Make dove season open state wide on Labor Day. All the dove are gone or shot by the time south zone opens!

Make dove season open Aug 15, this way we can have a few good hunts before the heavy rains start Aug 28.

Comment

Working...
                              X