The “Hay Bale Blind” build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The “Hay Bale Blind” build

This blind cost zero dollars to build. Found the round bale ring on the property. It was all bent out of shape,been sitting for years. Got all the sheet metal from a old barn out there that was destroyed several years ago too. I still have to finish the back side (figure out a way to put a door on it), and close in all but two of the windows. I’ll post more pics when I get it finished
    This only took about 1 1/2 by myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a good rifle blind but it's gonna be hard to clear the upper cam on a compound bow. Maybe a crossbow?

Good use of materials and resourceful anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Looks like a good rifle blind but it's gonna be hard to clear the upper cam on a compound bow. Maybe a crossbow?

Good use of materials and resourceful anyway.

Dang didn’t even think of that. Guess I’ll have to dig out the inside like a true pit blind and make the windows in that middle section. Or just rifle and crossbow hunt from it.

Comment

Four pieces of steel to make a peak and over lap the tin . Mule hide to seal if to stop major leaks

Comment

Decided to cover the top sections and cut out 3 windows
          I raised the blind about 15” and tested the window and roof height. We’re good. IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180801/d007d63536258ed5db5899d673cd35f4.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

nice patina camo

Comment

She'll hunt!

Comment

make sure it is the shade 100% of the time,, otherwise you will bake like a roast in there,,,, I know from experience and only my roof was metal!

Comment

Cool build Junior !! Lots of room on the inside. That joker is gonna be pretty hot in the early season but should be alright once things cool off. Find some scrap 1/2" square tubing and make rectangle for the door frame. Screw a piece of tin on it and get some cheap hinges from wal-mart or lumber yard and stick it on there.

Comment

Pretty close to being done. Put wind screen in the windows to keep it dark. Looks black from the outside, but easy to see thru from the inside. Just need to secure the roof ( I’ll do that when we take it to the land). I think I’m gonna use a thick piece of carpet and somehow hang that on for my door.

Comment

Much better...that’ll hunt!

Comment

Speaking from experience make sure it’s in the shade of a big tree otherwise you’re going to be like a brisket in a smoke and cooked low and slow. Otherwise nicely done

Comment

Got it moved to the land today. Just have to go back tomorrow and finish digging out the inside and secure the roof

Comment

Hold a thermometer in your mouth. When it gets to 160* you're done !

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X