Heater propane tank blind table....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heater propane tank blind table....

With two chairs, a small table and shelves for gear, a Mr. Buddy heater, bringing guests to my 6x6 blind and being a big ol boy myself, I wanted to add a 20lb propane tank to my blind without taking up any additional space. So I started scattershooting and came up with this. I just got them hooked up and I was very happy with the result. I thought I had some build pics but I can't find them right now. I'll add if I come across them. I just took a couple of assembled pics in the blind.

I wanted to build a small table that slipped over the propane tank but also not have it where I had to pull the table up and put it to the side to turn the tank valve off ...yet still keep it low enough to put my feet on. Basically I wanted easy access to the valve and 6" taller was not an option for the foot prop[emoji41]. I also decided I didn't want the tank outside with all the **** squirrels and coons we have because no telling what would happen.

Anyway...This is what I came up with. I had the carpet, grab loop and hinges and so I prob have $5 in each of them using reg studs. Probably $10-12 if I had nothing. I also added the red hanger hook ($1) to the table to hold my extra propane hose out of the way. It was 26 deg and I was hunting when I took it out out of the package, so it was not real pliable to loop on the hook correctly. When it heats up I'll get it hung in a non cluster bleep.[emoji51]. The zip ties are temp until I get a key ring or something round and metal to add. Probably could have got by with a simple screw for a door grab, but I wanted it flat.... and I over thunk it and had the metal loops already.

Here are some quick pics. I'm happy with the result, saved some space and the heater works which is a major plus.[emoji41][emoji1360]

Last edited by Smart; 12-09-2016, 08:17 AM.

nice looks good.

Comment

looks warm.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Must have tweaked the legs in travel. Just noticed they look off. OCD says I'm gonna have to fix that.[emoji51]

Comment

nice

Comment

Pretty neat!

Comment

That'll work! Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    Must have tweaked the legs in travel. Just noticed they look off. OCD says I'm gonna have to fix that.[emoji51]
                    First off, CDO is the correct order of said alphabet. (not that I might have it or anything)

Necessity is the mother of invention. If it works, use it. Nice job.

Comment

Genius!

Comment

turned out pretty slick

Comment

Now that's a nice idea

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice! How long does 20# bottle typically last? I bought a hose to run off big bottle.

Comment

I have had the same bottle running on 3 years now

Comment

Working...
                              X