Job/Money advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    There's no one right answer for your question. You and your family are the only ones who can answer the question for your own situation. Talk to your wife and daughter about it. Pray about it. Come to a decision with your family. That will get you your "right" answer. Asking us what our "right" answer would be won't.

Exactly what I was about to post. [emoji1474]

Skinny

Comment

Depends on what the job is and your experience level with it. Seen a lot of folks think they were gonna make big money in O&G only to be let down or not be able to handle it. Then you're back to where you started.

Comment

You had me, until you mentioned the travel, and then you lost me when you mentioned a daughter in HS.. I'd say, ride out your current employment one more year.. Get your kiddo settled, then "retire" momma, and ya'll travel while you make the money.

Seems like a win win

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
          Exactly what I was about to post. [emoji1474]

Skinny
          I never post on advice threads, because I know Shane will save me the typing.

Comment

Also understand the way taxes are, you will probably only net a 50-60k/yr difference.
            Make sure that will allow you to accomplish what you want before taking a leap like this.
            I have to side with the group that says to stay put, at least until your daughter is out of school.

Comment

money

99.9 % of the people who make more spend more. It all looks good on paper but most people don't save anywhere close to what they want. JMO
              I was always taught save 50% of what you make and you will be fine I don't think my parents thought that was even close to being right but its what I live by and have for may many years! Some years I save more than that

Comment

money

99.9 % of the people who make more spend more. It all looks good on paper but most people don't save anywhere close to what they want. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by youngbuck1 View Post
                  Yes, for the long run at least, If the job holds up. Lot of if's in your situation. I would try it if you could safely return to your current line of work if it fell through. Rewards do not come without risk. If your back up plan is solid I would do it. That is just me though. Good luck to you in your decision.
                  This would be my major concern---the job ends and then you are unemployed and have to burn up your gains. And, I have some regrets for my son's concerts, etc that I missed---you never get a second chance.

And, look long and hard at Antler86's advice--and Deadeye1 too.

Comment

It all boils down to money vs family. As others have stated, it's you and your wifes decision to make. I work a lot of hour, only provider because wife stays at home, and I missed so much of my older 2 kids growing up because of work. I regret every moment. When you go back and look at a lot of first, even for the older 2, and you're not in the pictures...not a good feeling. With that said, pray and ask the good lord up above for guidance.

Comment

wait for her to graduate

Comment

There's no one right answer for your question. You and your family are the only ones who can answer the question for your own situation. Talk to your wife and daughter about it. Pray about it. Come to a decision with your family. That will get you your "right" answer. Asking us what our "right" answer would be won't.
                        Great advise on the quote above. This is a must in my opinion. Pray first and have your wife do the same. Get together on what the Lord is telling you both because he won't give two different answers. Yall will be unified and then explain the why to your daughter as to the answer that you and your wife have collectively come up with. God Bless!

Comment

If your still on the fence pm me the contact info .... I will go

Comment

I changed jobs 3 years ago. But my situation was the new job paid less. I took a big pay cut but had a lot of quality time with my kids and wife. I am very happy I made the change. It all depends on your priorities. I have a lot of friends that chose money over family. Needless to say most are divorced because of it.

Comment

You and the wife get on the same page, I worked away from home for over 20 years and I wasn't choosing money over my family, that's a ridiculous statement. Some of us are the sole providers for our families.
                              If she can be strong and you can be strong then lean into it and get it done.
                              Good luck in whatever you two decide.

Comment

Your right and I wouldn't do it without the blessing to do so.
                                I want to hear from people who have done this themselves and know if it was worth it. About 20 years ago I had a chance to go to Iraq and make the same kind of money but I turned it down because I didn't want to leave my wife and young son at the time. I would have been gone 6 months at a time.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X