No announcement yet.

"Bar" Door - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on what you build, you could add either of these auto door closers
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      If you build it, build one piece. Cut arch then rip it.

At least that's what I'd do

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      Yeah, my thoughts as well.

Comment

Barn door on a track that slides.

Comment

1st. Make the dog an outside dog
          2nd. Tell you kids to go play outside and stay off the video games.

Comment

an interesting question. I too was looking for it

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
              Barn door on a track that slides.
              This, it could be an arched door with long slide arms down to the anchor points. Then put a cut out with a vintage looking access door for the T Stat. So if the door is open you can still open the little peep door and access the t stat. And it only opens from the outside so if your kids are in there goofing off with the door closed, you can still open the small door and make sure they are behaving without alarming them you are coming by sliding the big door

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                1st. Make the dog an outside dog
                2nd. Tell you kids to go play outside and stay off the video games.
                lol, right!!

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                  This, it could be an arched door with long slide arms down to the anchor points. Then put a cut out with a vintage looking access door for the T Stat. So if the door is open you can still open the little peep door and access the t stat. And it only opens from the outside so if your kids are in there goofing off with the door closed, you can still open the small door and make sure they are behaving without alarming them you are coming by sliding the big door
                  Not a bad idea at all, I like that like access door idea

Comment

I would stick with your original idea and cut a solid door to fit and rip it. Another thought is to just install the normal half swing doors that you get anywhere and add half round transom up top made out of glass or stained glass.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
                      Problem is the barn door style must stay closed. I have a dog that is lot allowed in the play room or in the kids rooms. I need the dog doors to "spring shut"

That dog will mark everything in their rooms but never in living areas. Weirdest thing. Beat him so many times he just doesn't care. Worth it in his mind I guess. lol So we keep him locked out of half the house with a child gate that swings closed.
                      What’s the best dog door? Many a pet owner has pondered this question while weighing the pros and cons of installing one in the first place. The upside is obvious: Dog doors free us from the hassle of having to open the door every time Fido feels like heading outside (provided you have a fenced-in yard, of course). But the downside is pretty clear, too: You now have a huge hole in your door (or wall), where inclement weather or random critters might intrude.

Comment

Working...
                      X