Bulkhead Smackdown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bulkhead Smackdown!

Well we got to fish Conroe this morning and it was a blast. We got into some hybrid action early and then the cats. My son ain't too happy with me right now lol. He would have had the junior black crappie lake record but I told him it probably wasn't close. Got home 6 hours after catching it and it was 1.9 lbs. Im sure it would have broke 2 lbs.The junior record is 1.87. He aint happy with me but we had a fantastic day.
    Attached Files

That mess of fish will stink up a skillet more than once!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice haul sir.

Comment

What were yall using for bait? jigs, minnows?

Comment

Very nice! I went out for a little bit on Friday and tore up the cats early, but the bite turned off quick. My wife did bought two big white crappie, one was 2lbs 2oz

What bait were you guys using? I used fresh shad, night crawlers and frozen shad.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
            What were yall using for bait? jigs, minnows?
            Caught the hybrids, whites, and one crappie on shad along with several cats. The rest of the cats we caught on shrimp.

Comment

Well done.

Although I'm starting to wonder with these bloodless cooler pics. Youd think I gutted then boxed.[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Well done.

Although I'm starting to wonder with these bloodless cooler pics. Youd think I gutted then boxed.[emoji16]

I kept all my fish in the livewells until we left.

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                  I kept all my fish in the livewells until we left.
                  Makes sense. I'm lazy and dont feel like washing a cooler and a live well

Comment

Makes sense. I'm lazy and dont feel like washing a cooler and a live well

Just think about the hurtin' we would we would put on em if we took both our boats at the same time. Maybe a tbh fish fry? Lol

Comment

Nice catch!

Comment

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
                        Just think about the hurtin' we would we would put on em if we took both our boats at the same time. Maybe a tbh fish fry? Lol
                        I thought about that. I hated to trailer the boat at 1040 but I had more than enough. I ended up with 3 gallon zippers. Cooked one,gave one and froze one

Comment

I thought about that. I hated to trailer the boat at 1040 but I had more than enough. I ended up with 3 gallon zippers. Cooked one,gave one and froze one

Yeah we were home by 2 pm. I knew we were gonna be cleaning for a bit lol.

Comment

Dang y’all cleaned house out there! Awesome job

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Wow, slaying some fish. Awesome trip buddy for sure. We went out on kayaks Friday, 2 hrs Saturday and Sunday until 2 and ended up with 1 crappie, 1 sandy, and 1 catfish. My buddy took the sandy off the stringer and forgot to tie the stringer down and the catfish got away. There's a catfish in lake lewisville swimming around with a 10' rope going through it's mouth!

Comment

Working...
                              X