Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official 2019 Astros ALDS thread

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    GREAT GAME! Once again, I had the sound muted because I knew the commentary would just make me mad... I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game (with no sound!). The post game was tolerable only because Frank Thomas gave a pretty pro-stros slant to what the others had to say... "The Big Hurt" is and always has been a class act.
    The other guys were pretty much giving the first two games to the Yanks this weekend "because Cole couldn't pitch either game... I hope Greinke pitches a no hitter against those jerks!

Is Verlander pitching game two? If so the Yankees will split the first two. I thought the Astros would win in 6 before this series went 5 and now I think it will take 7 games with the Astros haven’t a end with home field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No Verlander until at least game 3 I figg'r.

Comment

Greinke the 1st game (Saturday), then Verlander on Sunday, Cole in game three on Tuesday, then I would guess Urquidy for game 5 on Wed, then Cole and Verlander ready for game 7 if necessary. That keeps each pitcher on normal 4 days rest

*Greinke for game 6 and Cole/Verlander for game 7

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post
          Greinke the 1st game (Saturday), then Verlander on Sunday, Cole in game three on Tuesday, then I would guess Urquidy for game 5 on Wed, then Cole and Verlander ready for game 7 if necessary. That keeps each pitcher on normal 4 days rest

*Greinke for game 6 and Cole/Verlander for game 7

Who’s pitching game 4?

Comment

Greinke, JV, Cole, Urquidy, Greinke, JV Cole will be the ALCS rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by MassMan View Post
              Greinke, JV, Cole, Urquidy, Greinke, JV Cole will be the ALCS rotation.

I just can’t see anyone beating them with that rotation. if the Yankees steal a win from Verlander or Cole it will be late against the bullpen.

Comment

Comment

Im interested in the roster changes Hinch will make. I would love to see Peacock and Abreu added with Miley and Straw or Tucker dropped.

Comment

I wanted Abreu for the ALDS. I think they’ll keep Miley on as the long man out of the pen.

Comment

I think Miley is a no brainer cut. He can't be trusted even in mop up duty. I would cut Reddick and keep Straw and Tucker. Hinch probably cuts Tucker and keeps Straw's speed. Add Abreu and Peacock.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Cole ..25 Ks in 15 innings...vs the Ray's

Incredible

Comment

Kind of happy that Greinke is starting at home against on the road.

Hopefully the bats stay like they did in the 1st and 8th through the rest off the play offs.

Seems like this series is the 2 best teams in the league facing off (now that LA is gone). Shame it isn't in the ship instead.

Comment

Tucker is almost definitely off the roster for the ALCS as they will go to 13 pitchers and 12 hitters. I would guess they go with Peacock if he is healthy and maybe sub Abreu for Miley.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                              I wanted Abreu for the ALDS.
                              This was me as well. That kid is a strike thrower with great stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X