Garmin Xero Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garmin Xero Sights

I've been getting interested in trying these sights out as I've heard good things about them. Anyone on here have one or used one before? What's the difference between both models?

I LOVE mine.. Absolute best money spent EVER !!

Comment

Originally posted by blood-sport View Post
      I LOVE mine.. Absolute best money spent EVER !!
      Nice! I noticed your in Katy. I'm in Richmond did you get it at West Houston or where else do they have them around Houston area?

Comment

Anyone else can share some insight on these sights? Really thinking about pulling the trigger on one

Comment

i have the A1. havent shot a critter yet with it but so far shooting and sighting it in have been great.

The A1i you can change the pin colors to eithe red or green. The A1 just red.
          A1i can set up multiple arrow profiles as well where the A1 just has 1.

I tried it in low light and bright and sunnny and had no problems at all seeing the red pin.

They have a $100 mail in rebate going on if that helps you make a decision.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            i have the A1. havent shot a critter yet with it but so far shooting and sighting it in have been great.

The A1i you can change the pin colors to eithe red or green. The A1 just red.
            A1i can set up multiple arrow profiles as well where the A1 just has 1.

I tried it in low light and bright and sunnny and had no problems at all seeing the red pin.

They have a $100 mail in rebate going on if that helps you make a decision.
            Thanks I sent you a PM on a question I have.

Comment

Garmin website has the A1 for $599 and the A1i for $799.

Comment

I've got one and it's amazing. I got the A1i because I wanted multiple arrow profiles and I like green pins.

For me, the benefit of not having to range an animal and then draw and shoot is really beneficial, especially in western hunting applications.

Some unforeseen benefits, I really enjoy having a single pin, it's made me much more accurate. Also, there is a reticle on there that tells you if your grip or anchor point is messed up. If the dot is not in the circle when you range your target, you know something's off. Having multiple arrow profiles is really cool, especially if you travel. When I got to New Mexico from Houston, my bow was shooting high and the further back I went, the higher my shot was(I think elevation was the key). All I had to do was re-sight with a new arrow profile, which is super easy, and now I have a set of pins for hunting in elevation.

Some issues I can see arising: It's glass, so you could probably break it with enough force but you would have to get inside the housing or drop it on the sight with a lot of force. I've been in situations where there's brush or grass and it has trouble getting the correct distance. That's no different than any other rangefinder, but with magnification on traditional rangefinders it is easier to get a correct reading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                  Garmin website has the A1 for $599 and the A1i for $799.
                  Thanks just saw this. They got a good deal going on their site

Comment

Originally posted by jjaimes View Post
                    Nice! I noticed your in Katy. I'm in Richmond did you get it at West Houston or where else do they have them around Houston area?
                    West Houston has them, but they will tell you straight up that they will mount it, but they will not help you program it due to the time involved. It took about 2 hours to get my son's A1i set up. They're great once you have them dialed in, but it is a process.

Comment

Read the rules If any of yall are going Elk hunting. Some of the western states don't allow electronic sights

Comment

I guess they're in high demand they are on back order on Garmin's website

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter83 View Post
                          I've got one and it's amazing. I got the A1i because I wanted multiple arrow profiles and I like green pins.

For me, the benefit of not having to range an animal and then draw and shoot is really beneficial, especially in western hunting applications.

Some unforeseen benefits, I really enjoy having a single pin, it's made me much more accurate. Also, there is a reticle on there that tells you if your grip or anchor point is messed up. If the dot is not in the circle when you range your target, you know something's off. Having multiple arrow profiles is really cool, especially if you travel. When I got to New Mexico from Houston, my bow was shooting high and the further back I went, the higher my shot was(I think elevation was the key). All I had to do was re-sight with a new arrow profile, which is super easy, and now I have a set of pins for hunting in elevation.

Some issues I can see arising: It's glass, so you could probably break it with enough force but you would have to get inside the housing or drop it on the sight with a lot of force. I've been in situations where there's brush or grass and it has trouble getting the correct distance. That's no different than any other rangefinder, but with magnification on traditional rangefinders it is easier to get a correct reading.
                          Which states allow them to be used out there?

Comment

there is 2 for sale in the classifieds.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              there is 2 for sale in the classifieds.
                              Contacted both guys havent heard from them yet

Comment

Working...
                              X