1960's shoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960's shoes

We were talking here at work about the price of shoes now and got to the shoes we had as kids. All of us that grew up in the 60's wore the same cheap canvas shoes that had a sole about 1/8" thick and the thinnest canvas they made. Every kid wore the same shoe. Does anyone else remember these? Any ideas what they were called?

Yeah, the black ones with white stripes. We called them tenny shoes. They were so light, kinda like track shoes.

Comment

I had PF Flyers. They make you run faster and jump higher!

Then Converse. I don't remember them being called Chuck Taylor's back then but that's what they are called now.

Comment

We called them cross countries
        Last edited by Walker; 09-04-2018, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Chuck T's.

Comment

I called them rough out boots bc thats what I wore.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              We called them cross countries
              We called them track shoes.

Comment

PF Flyers and Jack Purcell “Blue Tips” from Converse are two I remember.

Comment

They are called Converse and they are very popular not only Here but in Colombia also . They are about $50 now they use to cost around $15 back then .

Comment

Where I use to live there was a store that sold blemished Converse for $7

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
                      We were talking here at work about the price of shoes now and got to the shoes we had as kids. All of us that grew up in the 60's wore the same cheap canvas shoes that had a sole about 1/8" thick and the thinnest canvas they made. Every kid wore the same shoe. Does anyone else remember these? Any ideas what they were called?
                      They were Converse. They came in High top and Regular. White or black, then later they expanded to like green and blue I think.

There was also a track tennis shoe. Cant remember its name. (just googled it, Converse Track Stars) They were very expensive....about $3

The first "name" brand of tennis shoe I had was Adidas, that would have been Middle school
                      Last edited by lovemylegacy; 09-04-2018, 06:33 AM.

Comment

We also called them "Tenny" shoes, which I guess was some derivative of "tennis" shoes. I can't remember the brand, but I am sure they were the cheapest ones out there.

Comment

PF Flyers made you run faster & Converse All Stars made you jump higher.

Comment

Mine were go-fasties

Comment

1960's shoes

Even though my time was in the 70s, we had the black and white “track shoes” while growing up in the town of Taft, Texas. Most everybody wore them. It wasn’t until the very late 70s or early 80s that we got better “tennis shoes”. Nike came out with their canvas shoe with a black or light blue swoosh and never looked back.

I don’t think the OP is talking about the original Chuck Taylor style Converse in his post. Could be wrong though.

These are examples of what we called track shoes way back when.

No colored stripes like this but..

Last edited by Smart; 09-04-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X