Chevy Silverado 4x4 or Toyota Tundra 4x4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chevy Silverado 4x4 or Toyota Tundra 4x4

I am about to buy a new 4door pu truck. I have had suburban’s and Tahoe’s for the last 20yrs. I have always had very good luck with Chevys. With that being said, I really like the looks of the Tundras over the big boxy Chevys. Anyone have any big negatives with the Toyota’s?

Toyota and it’s not even close. I traded my gmc for a tundra. I’ll never go back

Comment

Both good trucks, drive both and chose.

I preferred the Chevy but your results may vary

Comment

Neither

Comment

Toyota Tundra is a great truck but loves the Gas !

Comment

I have a 2010 Tundra 4wd. Never had an issue in 190000 miles. But to repeat something I'm sure you've read or heard before, gas mileage is terrible, I probably average 15 mpg with mixed highway/city driving. Not an issue now, sure sucked when fuel was close to 4 dollars a gallon. All that said though, it's your decision and I bet you'd be happy with either the Tundra or the Chevy.
            Last edited by SamSowell; 08-20-2018, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Of those 2 choices, Toyota hands down.

Comment

I have a 2011 Crewmax with zero issues 214327 miles on it and I will drive it for another 200k. Keep the fluids checked every 5k miles and rotate the tires. It’s only two wheel drive but it has only been stuck one time. Lol

Comment

Shane, good to see you back in here, thought about you today and thought it's been a long time since I noticed a post from you.

I too have had Chevy products for a long time and a Ford or Dodge company truck for 11 years. The Fords and Dodge were free but there was some maintenance, seemed like at 80-90K miles, it all started breaking. The Chevys pulled boats all over and each one racked up about 150-170K miles with no issues.

I have a Tundra now that I bought for myself and I love it. I have a bed cover, which is a must in my opinion with our kids being involved in ball year round, lol. The back seat is huge and that is why I went the Tundra route. Pulling my boat, yes, the gas mileage sucks but I am driving 90 miles to the lake, you're right there. To me, in your case, that's a non issue. I do have the 4.6 Liter engine and no 4WD and it does fine for me. I like the look of the bigger jacked up models but I don't have a need for that.

I don't think you would be disappointed with a Tundra. There's a guide on TBend that has a hook up too, maybe he could help you out?

Comment

Tundra 15 crewmax with 172k, replacesd belt tensioner and routine maintenance. I’ll be buying another and they are coming out with a re design next year.

Comment

I looked at them both a few years ago and came down to i use and need a truck with at least a 6.5 foot bed so i went Chevy , no regrets i did get the 6.2 engine

Comment

My last truck was a tundra

I won't drive a gm
                        If that was my only 2 options I would go Toyota, but it wasn't my only options lol.
                        Don't test drive a 2019 ram if you don't want to own one lol
                        Attached Files

Comment

I have never owned a Toyota but have owned 3 Chevy/GMC over the last 20 years. I will never own another GM product again. My pick would be the Toyota because it could not get any worse from what I had with all 3.

Comment

As sad as it is, I don’t see me owning any of the “Big 3” again in this lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                              I won't drive a gm
                              If that was my only 2 options I would go Toyota, but it wasn't my only options lol.
                              Don't test drive a 2019 ram if you don't want to own one lol
                              That truck hangs out at HEB

Comment

Working...
                              X