Guys On My Lease Think I'm Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guys On My Lease Think I'm Crazy

At the lease this weekend the subject of rifle season came up. I said I'm gonna bowhunt more than anything else. Couple of the guys said "Yeah me too, but not next weekend, I'm breaking out the rifle next weekend." I told them I'm sticking with my bow and not even bringing my rifle with me next week( I'm taking off Thursday and Friday for the last of bow season). They all gave me a funny look and said I was crazy for not taking advantage of being able to use a rifle. I just like the challenge of taking a deer with a bow and I feel more satisfaction in it. Think my 7mm Mag may get bored this season!

I feel the same way you do!

Comment

I agree. Rifle comes out only for bad winds and temps below 25.

Comment

I only use my rifle on the last weekend........ if my feezer aint full yet. But by then, it usually is

Comment

I'd expect nothing less from you, Chris. Good luck, bro!!

Comment

My rifles get to kill paper and a few pigs and coyotes here recently. They have been pretty bored the last five years.

Comment

I only take a rifle when I take the kids or I just need some more venison to full the freezer at the end of the season.

Comment

Your the sane one.

Comment

there ya go !! I couldnt agree with ya more !! im already tagged out and the freezer is full of sausage and back strap ....!! All courtesy of Matthews Solo Cam

Comment

That is what I would do.

Comment

I love me some guns, have a pile of them. No desire to kill a deer with one though....got no problem with people who do it just lost its appeal when I picked up the bow 15 years ago..... now I do like to shoot hogs and predators at long ranges

Comment

man its all boils down to what you wana do i do a little bit of both but usually when deer start running good i pick up a rifle. its all preference and what you like to do.

Comment

I'll take care of your 7mm mag for you so it won't get bored.

Comment

This weekend I hunted in plaid wool clothes with a longbow out of a natural ground blind on a trail without a feeder in sight. Tell them about that and see what they say.

No, didn't kill anything, but I was covered in deer and turkey on yesterday's evening hunt. I had a doe duck an arrow about 30 minutes before dark. One of the coolest hunts I've ever been on.

Comment

Bow only for me too. One buck one doe down , one each to go. I just may tag out this year

Comment

Working...
                              X