This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slew View Post
    I'm gonna be at Fork slinging fish in the boat and hopefully be back to camp by 230 to watch LSU! If it's going well I will yell at the TV, drink Octoberfest and smoke cigars! If it's going bad I will yell at the TV, drink Octoberfest, and smoke cigars! Geaux Tigers!

Man I'm glad this time of year is back!!!
    I like your attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
      ****it, Starting rover LB Anthony Hines done for season leaving us 3 scholarship LBs after now 2 are done for the year.

That hurts bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That's a huge loss. I expected big things from Hines this season.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Na, you finally have SEC talent/depth....

What we have is real coaching that is getting the max out of what they have. We have talent, but we are still thin depth wise in some areas. lb being 1.... 2019 class will go along ways to addressing depth

Comment

Texas A&M has supplanted Texas as America's most valuable college football program.

Forbes magazine on Tuesday released its list of most valuable college football programs based on estimate averages for profits and revenue for the 2014, '15 and '16 seasons. Texas had held the top spot, drawing $100 million in revenue in 2011 and $92 million in profit alone in 2014, mostly from tee shirt sales.

A&M's rise was attributed to an increase in athletic department contributions, running the state, along with more ticket revenue and conference revenue from the Southeastern Conference. SEC. SEC. SEC.

Texas A&M brought in $148 million in revenue and made $107 million in profit, according to Forbes' estimates. Texas made $133 million in revenue and $87 million in profit, again mostly off tee shirt sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            Texas A&M has supplanted Texas as America's most valuable college football program.

Forbes magazine on Tuesday released its list of most valuable college football programs based on estimate averages for profits and revenue for the 2014, '15 and '16 seasons. Texas had held the top spot, drawing $100 million in revenue in 2011 and $92 million in profit alone in 2014, mostly from tee shirt sales.

A&M's rise was attributed to an increase in athletic department contributions, running the state, along with more ticket revenue and conference revenue from the Southeastern Conference. SEC. SEC. SEC.

Texas A&M brought in $148 million in revenue and made $107 million in profit, according to Forbes' estimates. Texas made $133 million in revenue and $87 million in profit, again mostly off tee shirt sales.
            Were you absent yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Were you absent yesterday?
              Yes. I was offshore.

Comment

Lemme know what I missed.

Comment

What we have is real coaching that is getting the max out of what they have. We have talent, but we are still thin depth wise in some areas. lb being 1.... 2019 class will go along ways to addressing depth

Two games in man...…..two games...….

Or you had a fired up crowd and team pumped for a big home game with a new coach against a team that generally loses one game a year to an inferior opponent OOC...…...but they won that game this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                    Careful pronouncing that the Ags have somehow "arrived" based on one early season test. It wasn't too long ago that the Horns were "back" after a win over another underachieving ND program. I've liked what I've been hearing out of camp and what I saw on Saturday, but let's see if they can back it up week to week in a brutal division.

The Ags and Horns are both 1-1 (although one program certainly feels different than the other at the moment). I think it's WAY premature to label TH's talent as "falling short" two games into his second season. He landed many (most) of the same talent that A&M was recruiting last February. Hopefully the Texas HS talent that Jimbo is pulling so far this year isn't "overrated", as well.

I assure that I am not stating that aTm has arrived as in challenging for a SEC title. They are a year or 2 away at best. Their defense has just finally made a transition from soft to being good. Not great.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Lol at Texas classes being ranked high because it's Texas.

Come on man.

Lol.

Recruits are ranked before they commit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ummm commits are ranked up until signing day, committed or not. What he is saying is that recruits get bumps in rankings after they commit to certain schools at times and it inflated the rankings.

Everybody knows at times big school recruits get benefit of doubt more

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                        I'm gonna be at Fork slinging fish in the boat and hopefully be back to camp by 230 to watch LSU! If it's going well I will yell at the TV, drink Octoberfest and smoke cigars! If it's going bad I will yell at the TV, drink Octoberfest, and smoke cigars! Geaux Tigers!

Man I'm glad this time of year is back!!!
                        And if it gets really bad there is a weather delay in Auburn and the only game you get at night is BAMA...and Eli!

Good luck with the fish and the game.

Comment

Ummm commits are ranked up until signing day, committed or not. What he is saying is that recruits get bumps in rankings after they commit to certain schools at times and it inflated the rankings.

My favorite ratings bump are from Dec to NSD! The kid didn’t play a game or go to a camp and ratings change. [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                            Lemme know what I missed.

Nice haul

You didn't miss anything except the article you posted

Comment

LMAO.

That did not happen. That's TBH Aggy logic. It's hilarious.

Keep reachin.

Texas only had two 5 star......now UGA on the other hand...….

The bias is west of the Mississippi.
                              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-12-2018, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                LMAO.

That did not happen. That's TBH Aggy logic. It's hilarious.

Keep reachin.

Texas only had one 5 star......now UGA on the other hand...….

The bias is west of the Mississippi.

If your going to claim Texas recruits don’t get some bias in rankings, like other programs do as well, then your sticking your head in the sand.

I’ve heard you claim strong was good coach and had better staff than sumlin, Herman was gonna be the man. 9-10 win seasons for past 5 years, and yet you continue to suck.

So if they recruits aren’t over inflated by rankings and are legit talented, why do y’all suck? Is it coaching or talent?

Recruiting rankings this decade say got plenty talent, but u say you have good coaches... something isn’t computing.... I say it’s your coaches suck personally [emoji3]

Comment

Working...
                                X