3 blade broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 blade broadheads

I've got some replaceable 3 blade satalite broadheads I'm thinking about using on deer. I've always used a 2 blade with stick bows. I'm a little concerned with penetration while using a 3 blade but like the better blood trails I've seen. They fly well from my 55 lb longbow. Anyone else use a more modern designed broadheads? Those 3 blade woodsmen look good too.

55# bow and 3 blades on deer is a deadly combo as long as your tuned well!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
      ^^^THIS^^^

Only thing I'll add is- you should give a serious look at some of the more solid one piece construction heads. Their blade stability does make a difference.

The VPA, or the WW Elites (made by VPA) are very good heads.
      The only draw back to the one piece heads is, you have to sharpen them instead of just replacing blades, but they are easy to sharpen.

Rick

Comment

I've shot several pigs with 3 blade woodsmans. They leave a good blood trail. Mine were vented and make noise in flight but did fly well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've killed deer, hogs and other various varmints using Snuffers and Woodsmen....50-65#...tune them good, sharpen them, then shoot them...

Comment

I have never used a 3 blade with traditional, but have used Zwickey's and yesterday got a great deal on correctly spined Port Orchard feathered shafts with 4 Kodiak Single Bevel 2-Blade Glue-On Broadheads with the 6 arrow bundle for a steal of a deal.

Comment

Think I'm going to give them a try. They fly well with my setup. I've always used Zwickey Delta's or bear razorheads with traditional, but heck I guess any sharp broad head would be a good choice if it shoots well.

Comment

I've killed lots of animals with the Woodsman Elite and VPA 3 blade heads. I've never tried any others but those 2 are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                  X3!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I completely agree the 3 blade and the 55# will be a killing machine. I personally have always had trouble tuning the 3 blades. My 2 blade cut on contacts fly well for me with both carbon screw in and wood glue on broad heads. I am sure the problem lies with me.

Comment

i like these
                      Attached Files

Comment

I only draw only 50# and use Woodsman Elites when deer hunting. I switch to a two-blade when pig hunting in case "Mr Big" shows up. Like stated above three blades are easy to sharpen
                        Last edited by jerp; 04-10-2017, 02:31 PM.

Comment

VPA Non-Vented Dawg, they'll go through a concrete wall.

Comment

Working...
                          X