• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats! Great BBD!!

Comment

Congrats on a whopper!

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
        Well 225 it is. I am impressed that so many of you hit it on the head so quickly. I never would have guessed he weighed that much so it was a shock to me. Not much to the story.. bow hunted for him a few times with no luck and with NE winds this past weekend I had to pull out the rifle. He was 23" inside with 6" bases and ended up scoring 156 which also surprised me. I am curious to see the jaw bone and get a better idea of age.
        How long were his main beams? 23" width and long main beams will make up for a lack of tine length for sure. Nice deer, man![/QUOTE]

They were right at 23 as well so I gave him the full spread. My memory is he had 35" of mass so that helped as well. I was guessing him at about 145 so to hear 156 was a nice surprise.

Comment

That's an awesome buck!

Comment

Great buck Brad! 156, that's awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
              Dang Brad, that buck looks very close to horn wise to that buck you killed a couple years ago close to me, that is if i remember right. Awesome buck, Congrats!

He was similar within 2" now that you mention it. He had better tine length and less mass but was with a bow. So by far still my favorite!
              Thanks ..and it should start heating up now at your place good luck!
              Last edited by myway; 11-09-2016, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ggillespie View Post
                Great buck Brad! 156, that's awesome!
                Thanks Gabe congrats to you as well!

Comment

nice buck!

Comment

He's north of 225. We've taken a few in Sonora which weighed in at 200-205 and they're smaller than him.

Guess I should scroll through the rest of the page before posting. Glad to see I was pretty dang close.

Comment

Working...
                    X