Sore Bow Hand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sore Bow Hand

Not the best way to find a brown recluse living in your work gloves.

Rick
    Attached Files

Oh man! That’s sux. Hope it heals quickly. I shake mine out because sometimes there’s a scorpion in em.

Comment

Dang!! hope it heals quickly Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
        Oh man! That’s sux. Hope it heals quickly. I shake mine out because sometimes there’s a scorpion in em.
        I usually always check them (boots too), but I was in a hurry to go pull a neighbor out of a mud hole.

I didn't even know it until I pulled the gloves off, and the squashed/dead spider came out with my hand, and I didn't know I'd been bit until hours later.

Soaking it in vinegar. Has worked well for me in the past.

Rick

Comment

Ouch! Hope you got him squashed before he had the chance to inject much venom. On a similar note last weekend I put on my hearing protection earmuffs before firing up the chainsaw. I immediately felt something and heard buzzing so I slapped them off my head and a red wasp flew out! No idea why I didn't get stung.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Ouch! Hope you got him squashed before he had the chance to inject much venom. On a similar note last weekend I put on my hearing protection earmuffs before firing up the chainsaw. I immediately felt something and heard buzzing so I slapped them off my head and a red wasp flew out! No idea why I didn't get stung.
            OH HELL NO!!!!

I rode a bike once briefly without a helmet...
            I was riding in a group going about 26 mph... and a wasp got sucked down into the vents on my helmet and was ****** off and couldn't get out... so the helmet went flying off...

I hate wasps... flying demons... I mean if there is anything on this earth that looks demonic... a red wasp is it!

Comment

Sure hope the vinegar does the trick for you Rick. Those bites can fester up and get nasty. I had a buddy who got tagged by one in Mexico and it got really nasty. Good luck on it.

Comment

Not something to play with Rick. Starts to reden up go see the doc.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh, man! Hope not much venom was injected. I'm sure you've seen some of the threads on here from those bites.

Comment

Dang rick. i'll agree. Don't mess around to much with it. IF it starts getting red and heated, please go get some medical attention.

Comment

Yikes. How is it looking/feeling today Rick? My wife got bit right above her eye one night in her sleep. We don't know what it was, doc suspected venomous spider. She still has a scar there, it was pretty nasty for awhile. Spider bites can be bad news.

Comment

It's much better today.

Not near as sore, and the redness is mostly gone.
                        It has drawn up into more of just a little bruised looking bump.

The vinegar is doing the job.

Rick

Comment

Glad to see a good update. Stay on top of it. I have a nasty scar in my leg as does a co-worker. His turned into a deep hollow spot like when a horse is given a bad injection in the neck..

Comment

Working...
                          X