Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang deer!!!

I guess they get the last laugh!!!!

It’s midnight, and I’m sitting on the side of the road with a broken radiator or lower radiator hose!!! [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

Guy going the other way hit the deer, which then came sliding across the road right in front of me. Never had time to touch the brake pedal before I ran smooth over him!!!

I stopped and moved him out of the road so no one else would run over him. Looked at the front of my truck, and everything looked fine.

Started off, and didn’t make it a mile before the temperature gauge pegged!!! [emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]

So now, here I sit waiting for a friend to come pick me and my wife up and take us home!!!

Dang deer!!!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dammit! Glad you're okay.
    I feel the same way but for a different reason. Watch them feed 40 yards away but won't come to the feeders.

Gary
    Last edited by DRT; 01-19-2020, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Glad everyone is OK.

Comment

Glad your ok, I had one try to take me out last October. she slid across 5 lanes and i ended up same side of road not sure how i dint hit anyone head on with all the glass dust in my eyes and mouth. 9am on a clear day never seen her coming.
        Attached Files

Comment

Deer 1
          Bisch 325

Comment

Originally posted by Cunado View Post
            Glad your ok, I had one try to take me out last October. she slid across 5 lanes and i ended up same side of road not sure how i dint hit anyone head on with all the glass dust in my eyes and mouth. 9am on a clear day never seen her coming.
            Yikes

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
              Deer 1
              Bisch 325

At least[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Cunado View Post
                HOLY CRAP!!! Glad your ok that was a heck of an impact.

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
                  Deer 1
                  Bisch 325
                  And counting . . .

Gary

Comment

Sue the state for no keeping their deer off the roadways since all deer belong to the state

Comment

Glad everyone is ok. We had one rip the gate off our trailer this year. Deer jumped up right into the side of the ranger that was on trailer and bounced off into the gate ripping it off.

Comment

Glad youre safe Bisch.

Just before the new year I was driving down a FM and saw two deer from 200 yds away in an open field. I was going 65 mph and started slowing down. (I had tboned a dude just a month prior because he decided to jump the throttle crossing traffic and not yield... F250 vs Scion...I won....however it has made me gun shy of everything moving near a roadway.) So I slow down to about 35-40 mph and a PT Cruiser was in the oncoming traffic...I roll my window down and start waving and pointing like crazy to get their attention to the deer. The deer decide to go psycho and make a dash when 30 yds from the roadway. The PT Cruiser never slowed down...and met the deer full on. The deer ran to the left in front of me and then goes flying back right...in front of me...the PT Cruisers windshield, side view mirror and front quarter panel exploded all over the front of my truck. Driver was okay...but the car was not. It was like a bad dream that I saw come to fruition in slow motion. I dont know what else I couldve done besides speed up and take the hit for the Cruiser.

Comment

Dang Bisch! Glad the damage was only material (That's bad enough).

Comment

Dang Bisch - sorry to hear that. I guess every now and then, they get to pull one over on us.

Comment

Danged deer need to learn to read and not cross except where the deer crossing signs are.

Comment

Working...
                              X