Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2020, 09:36 PM   #1
Dusty Britches
Pope & Young
 
Dusty Britches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Cameron & College Station
Default Is anyone shocked?

The Dems are going to open an investigation into Trump for comments about the Roger Stone case. Did he influence justice? Smh...
Dusty Britches is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-12-2020, 09:39 PM   #2
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Not at all.. I actually just heard that they are plannig to impeach AG Barr now.. Those people are thick headed.. They just never learn.. I hope they try.. I really do..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 07:23 AM   #3
DJM
Pope & Young
 
DJM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Kempner TX
Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Not at all.. I actually just heard that they are plannig to impeach AG Barr now.. Those people are thick headed.. They just never learn.. I hope they try.. I really do..
I hope they do too.......and God help them if Trump is reelected and we get the House back.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 08:14 AM   #4
IkemanTX
Ten Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Denton
Hunt In: Caddo
Default

How did he “influence justice” when the president has the sole authority to commute sentences and pardon?

Didn’t obama hop onto social media, or the actual media, and interfere with the case involving his college professor...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 08:41 AM   #5
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
How did he “influence justice” when the president has the sole authority to commute sentences and pardon?

Didn’t obama hop onto social media, or the actual media, and interfere with the case involving his college professor...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and that poor little kid in Florida who just wanted to get his little brother some skittles...
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 09:41 AM   #6
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
How did he “influence justice” when the president has the sole authority to commute sentences and pardon?

Didn’t obama hop onto social media, or the actual media, and interfere with the case involving his college professor...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kind of funny (in a sad way) isn't it? The people who started the investigation that eventually got Stone arrested made up, altered, and withheld evidence so that they could continue to investigate people. Yet, Trump is the one who "influenced justice".
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 09:43 AM   #7
flywise
Pope & Young
 
flywise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJM View Post
I hope they do too.......and God help them if Trump is reelected and we get the House back.

DJ
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 10:18 AM   #8
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
Kind of funny (in a sad way) isn't it? The people who started the investigation that eventually got Stone arrested made up, altered, and withheld evidence so that they could continue to investigate people. Yet, Trump is the one who "influenced justice".
And not a SINGLE one of THEM has yet to be investigated, or have their doors kicked in at 4 in the morning with CNN cameras rolling.
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 10:21 AM   #9
JFISHER
Pope & Young
 
JFISHER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Brownwood
Hunt In: BWD
Default

Under their definition, Obama interfered repeatedly.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...nvestigations/


Quote:
In 2013, a Navy judge ruled that President Obama had exerted “unlawful command influence” by harsh comments about the punishment he expected the military would mete out against those accused of sexual harassment. Obama had told a press conference in 2012: “If we find out somebody’s engaging in this, they’ve got to be held accountable — prosecuted, stripped of their positions, court martialed, fired, dishonorably discharged. Period.”

As a result, the Navy judge ruled out dishonorable discharge as a potential punishment in ongoing cases. Later, the conviction of a Marine staff sergeant was thrown out because of the possible influence of Obama’s words.
JFISHER is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 10:26 AM   #10
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young
 
muzzlebrake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Euless, Texas
Hunt In: Sterling County
Default

They best be careful of messing with the Honey Badger.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 10:58 AM   #11
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

Roger Stone is going to get a new trial because of the jury's anti-trump bias has been reported.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 11:01 AM   #12
Man
Pope & Young
 
Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Casper,Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx
Default

They learned of nothing from ALL previous failed attempts.
Definition of insanity
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 11:41 AM   #13
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
How did he “influence justice” when the president has the sole authority to commute sentences and pardon?

Didn’t obama hop onto social media, or the actual media, and interfere with the case involving his college professor...?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Obamas were behind the Juicy Smollet BS too.. They are the sole reason he walked from multiple felonies the first time..

They got him now though..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 12:54 PM   #14
Charles
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Kim Foxx, the prosecutor that drop all charges and has ties to the Obama's, is up for re-election in a month from what I heard.

I hope she is investigated too.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 04:14 PM   #15
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Kim Foxx, the prosecutor that drop all charges and has ties to the Obama's, is up for re-election in a month from what I heard.

I hope she is investigated too.
She should be barred from that position for life..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-13-2020, 11:20 PM   #16
W-O
Ten Point
 
W-O's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Teague, Tx
Hunt In: Hilda, Tx
Default

They were just talking about their grandchildren on the tarmac.
W-O is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 08:11 AM   #17
Death from Above
Pope & Young
 
Death from Above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Henderson, Texas
Default

POTUS needs to stop with the tweets...if he would just let Barr work...

Now, POTUS is a tactician and he knew the uproar with the fake news tweet would start. I am thinking its a smoke screen for something big.

TRUMP 2020
Death from Above is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 08:19 AM   #18
Duckologist
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SW Louisiana
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Kim Foxx, the prosecutor that drop all charges and has ties to the Obama's, is up for re-election in a month from what I heard.

I hope she is investigated too.
And Bernie endorsed her LoL
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 08:20 AM   #19
Duckologist
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: SW Louisiana
Default

James Wolfe committed the same crime as Stone but since he is a Democrat he was sentenced to 2 months
Duckologist is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 08:52 AM   #20
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

How do we just fire those petulant commie ****s for not doing their jobs?


They havn't done **** but waste money for 2 1/2 years....
Dale Moser is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 09:20 AM   #21
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death from Above View Post
POTUS needs to stop with the tweets...if he would just let Barr work...

Now, POTUS is a tactician and he knew the uproar with the fake news tweet would start. I am thinking its a smoke screen for something big.

TRUMP 2020
POTUS pressure and bringing attention to this crap is probably the only reason Barr feel like he has to work. I don't trust Barr as far as I can throw him, and he has a history of defending DOJ sliminess.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 09:21 AM   #22
JLivi1224
Pope & Young
 
JLivi1224's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Mid County
Hunt In: Public
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Moser View Post
How do we just fire those petulant commie ****s for not doing their jobs?


They havn't done **** but waste money for 2 1/2 years....
An astronomical amount of taxpayer dollars. OUR F-ING MONEY.
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 09:22 AM   #23
Clay C
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckologist View Post
James Wolfe committed the same crime as Stone but since he is a Democrat he was sentenced to 2 months
The people who arrested Stone committed much heavier crimes than Stone, while they were investigating Stone.


Anyone who doesn't see the double standard is living in lollipop land.
Clay C is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 09:30 AM   #24
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point
 
RattlesnakeDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Floresville
Hunt In: Everywhere
Default

Pretty funny really. How do you influence anything when he has already been sentenced and sent to jail. That is done. He can pardon him if he likes.
This is like the boy who cried wolf....soon even the dems will quit believing their own party and will get weaker and weaker.
And I think Barr is starting to see who these people really are now that he gets attacked personally daily, I believe he is tired of it and will do the right thing.
RattlesnakeDan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #25
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
Pretty funny really. How do you influence anything when he has already been sentenced and sent to jail. That is done. He can pardon him if he likes.
This is like the boy who cried wolf....soon even the dems will quit believing their own party and will get weaker and weaker.
And I think Barr is starting to see who these people really are now that he gets attacked personally daily, I believe he is tired of it and will do the right thing.
I hope you're right, but I'd almost bet you're wrong...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #26
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: gonzales tx
Hunt In: gonzales, and....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
They learned of nothing from ALL previous failed attempts.
Definition of insanity
you would think 'some' of the dems would have learned this last time around, and would just tell Pelosi "na, just start without me"
stickerpatch59 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com