Matagorda County Deer Poached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matagorda County Deer Poached?

Has anyone heard of a deer getting poached in Matagorda County this last week? I've heard rumors, and seen pictures (I have none) of a NICE buck that was supposedly poached near the Williams Plant west-northwest of Bay City. I've even heard people claim to have seen pictures of the GW with the rack. Can anyone confirm this. I don't have pictures, but this deer was BIG...

I've got a pic. Owner of Jureks meat market is who shot it.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

WOW. This is the first I've seen of the GW pic. I saw the pictures of the deer while it was still alive. Not sure if you know the family, but was it the older Jurek (that actually owns the meat market), or was it his son? I heard, today, that it was his son that shot it. You know how the rumor mill goes. Thanks for the PIC. That is a beast, it's such a shame.

Comment

I’ve seen pics.
          194 5/8

Comment

Terrible. While all of us spend so much time and money for the very rare chance of taking a trophy like that. Sad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

No wonder

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                No wondering why most game wardens have zero sense of humor

Comment

Stud of a buck! Shame it was poached.

Comment

Wow crazy

Comment

Hope they throw the book at him. Oughta be a 5 digit replacement fee on top of the poaching charge.

Comment

Such a waste!

Comment

Man, I just thought Jurek was grumpy before, this should make him unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasHunter83 View Post
                            WOW. This is the first I've seen of the GW pic. I saw the pictures of the deer while it was still alive. Not sure if you know the family, but was it the older Jurek (that actually owns the meat market), or was it his son? I heard, today, that it was his son that shot it. You know how the rumor mill goes. Thanks for the PIC. That is a beast, it's such a shame.

Neil Jurek. Believe he’s younger. My husband knows of him (we’re in our 30’s) and most people around here tend to agree he’s a POS. I personally don’t know him and I’m not originally from this area, but I think anyone who will poach is a pos. Also people suck who steal your hunting equipment off private property!

Comment

Man what a stud. Sure is ashame that he was taking illegally without landowner consent. I wonder if the landowner will get it back at some point?

Comment

Working...
                              X