No announcement yet.

Ford Death Wobble & Warranty - Frustrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happened on my 2019 F350 today while puling a trailer. 10500 miles.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
      Happened on my 2019 F350 today while puling a trailer. 10500 miles.

Bone stock, leveling kit, lift kit? Bigger tires or wider rims?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
        Bone stock, leveling kit, lift kit? Bigger tires or wider rims?

Sierracharlie out…
        Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
          Bone stock

Interesting

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Bail

Ford was the first.
            Ford Credit received its bailout from the Term Asset-Backed Securities Loan Facility, not TARP.

Comment

I asked 8 people I know who have a 2016 or newer and everyone has had death wobble.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                I asked 8 people I know who have a 2016 or newer and everyone has had death wobble.
                I have 4 family members with 2016's and up. None have had it except me. 1 member was actually with me when it happened. Now hes worried.

Comment

Originally posted by RMW View Post
                  I don’t know of anyone who has had it...
                  I have a 16 with 65k miles.

Comment

I hear that this "Mark" guy can be easily bought for a 12 pack of Miller Lite.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG View Post
                      I don’t understand....if this is such a problem, then why hasn’t it happened to my ‘17 250? 51k miles. What’s different about yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      All are different. Type of tires, pressure in those tires, the shocks installed, miles, angle of the front of the truck (Pulling a trailer or not), weight on the front tires, proper maintenance, gas vs diesel, there are a million variables. Too many people leave out variables to figure out what the common denominator is in the problem, and it's likely a combination of several variables.

I have 149k on mine, never had it, even with blown shocks.

Comment

We remember the bailouts of GM and Chrysler. But Ford still owes us billions -- and it's about to start paying. Who else owes taxpayers money? And was it worth it?

Ford owes us all 5.9 Billion Dollars. Not sure why people think they didnt get paid too. Who wants to bet they default on that amount and have to go chapter 11 along with GM 10 years ago. They took the money and still want your soul to be traumatized with the DW. They are all a bunch of crooks.

Comment

So what part needs replacing to fix the cord death wobble

Comment

Death wobble is a side to side movement and the part that locates the axle side to side is the track bar. People upgrade the steering stabilizers to control it but I am of the opinion that this is treating the symptoms not the disease. I upgraded to an aftermarket track bar with a poly bushing and I have not had an issue since. I was leveled on 37's for many 50k and have had another 50k on 35's. Have not had death wobble with either set up since I went with the BD diesel track bar. It is also adjustable so it was able to recenter my axle under the truck which was an added bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                              I hear that this "Mark" guy can be easily bought for a 12 pack of Miller Lite.
                              Incorrect. You've received bad information.

It's Busch Light.

Comment

Anyone recommend a shop that can do the work to fix it? I have not had it happen, but I can tell you there is a huge difference in my front end on my 19 as compared to the 17,the 19 just feels sloppy and rough. Bone stock.

Comment

Working...
                                X