Career change needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career change needed

Found out this week that my position has been phased out at a small manufacturing shop. My background is logistics and transportation management, but I am always open to new opportunities. I have a bit of experience in almost every corporate role and would like to find something in one specific role to grow in. Located in North DFW, would appreciate any job leads or insight offered. I have multiple resumes ready to submit based on the role.

Thanks!

What job role or category are you wanting to get in to. Saying you want a corporate job is too broad. I know Siemens is hiring right now on their logistics team is Dallas and there are a ton of 3pl companies in north Texas if you want to stay in that field. If you have a book of business and want to stay in logistics pm me and I’ll get you in contact with a couple people

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
      What job role or category are you wanting to get in to. Saying you want a corporate job is too broad. I know Siemens is hiring right now on their logistics team is Dallas and there are a ton of 3pl companies in north Texas if you want to stay in that field. If you have a book of business and want to stay in logistics pm me and I’ll get you in contact with a couple people
      Sorry, I know it’s an ambiguous statement, but I’ve never “applied” for a job, I’ve aleays been networked in so I honestly have no idea what titles I’m qualified for/experienced in. I’ve applied to about 30 of the transportation companies in DFW so far, no luck yet. And I don’t have the book of business anymore, as I was out of these industry for the past 2 years.

Comment

Bump, resume is polished and ready to be sent out!

Comment

Good luck to you, sir. Do you have a college degree?

Comment

Originally posted by oneisnone View Post
            Bump, resume is polished and ready to be sent out!
            Save it as a PDF and post here in this thread.

Comment

Check Raytheon.

Comment

If you are willing to move out that area and want something in logistics look into the Midland area. I work for a pipeline manufacturer and we are hiring a ton of people in that area to support a service yard. But almost every oil/gas company out there is hiring people, especially in the logistics area. Good luck with it sir!

Comment

bump for Raytheon..... McKinney , better then the Dallas one..

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                    bump for Raytheon..... McKinney , better then the Dallas one..
                    Yeah, that's why y'all send the stuff you can't do down here to us.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                      Save it as a PDF and post here in this thread.
                      I'll have to edit it to redact some of my personal info first.

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      Check Raytheon.
                      I have 3 applications submitted with them for positions at the mckinney facility

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
                      If you are willing to move out that area and want something in logistics look into the Midland area. I work for a pipeline manufacturer and we are hiring a ton of people in that area to support a service yard. But almost every oil/gas company out there is hiring people, especially in the logistics area. Good luck with it sir!
                      Took my last job to get away from Midland.

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                      Good luck to you, sir. Do you have a college degree?
                      No sir, I'm almost to an associates in Business Management but havent had time to re-enroll and continue.

Comment

Raytheon in McKinney is where all the nerds are.

Comment

Start your own Amazon delivery business. They are sponsoring and training since the mainstream delivery companies can't keep up.

Comment

Bump for you, I graduate with my bachelors in Logistics and Supply Chain Management in a few weeks. I would have more connections for you if I wasn't staying with my current non related role for a while longer after graduating.

I know Ryder, AmerisourceBergen and I think DHL have facilities out in Roanoke. If I was looking I would start there.

Good luck!

Comment

Wanna move to West Texas?

Comment

Working...
                              X