Twisted limbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twisted limbs

i recently aquired a recurve bow for my daughter, so i made a string and we started shooting, i noticed the string wasnt staying in the grooves as planned and i had to keep putting them back afterwards the bow sitting all by itself shed the string in an abrupt manner scared the pooey out of me i asked a couple of friends what to do and got some good advice but does anyone have experience with this? what did you do? and did it work i tried the suggestions and it seemed to work but im a little gun shy about letting my daughter shoot this thing till im sure any advice or sugestion would be appreciated thanks for yalls help

Originally posted by Doc Garris View Post
    i recently aquired a recurve bow for my daughter, so i made a string and we started shooting, i noticed the string wasnt staying in the grooves as planned and i had to keep putting them back afterwards the bow sitting all by itself shed the string in an abrupt manner scared the pooey out of me i asked a couple of friends what to do and got some good advice but does anyone have experience with this? what did you do? and did it work i tried the suggestions and it seemed to work but im a little gun shy about letting my daughter shoot this thing till im sure any advice or sugestion would be appreciated thanks for yalls help
    Well dont let her shoot it,you shoot it.Dont be scared it will only hurt a little ,and dont forget to use a stringer.

Comment

If it is a glass bow, you can use a hair dryer and gently heat up the limb at the twist and gently twist it back the opposite direction. Sometimes this will work. Don't get the bow too hot or put too much pressure on the twist.

Hope this works.

Doug Key

Comment

i got the bow to straighten up and have now shot it with mixed emotions it seemed to work ok so far but im srill a little leary of letting my kids shoot it ,i think im gonna leave it strung for another day or two and make sure it doesnt throw the string again thanks for the help

Comment

Doc,
          I'm with you on the trust part. My "go to" bow developed a twist this year and I have not felt comfortable shooting it since. I think I've retired it. I don't want to be thinking about the twisting, every time I shoot.

Comment

Working...
          X