Finger release gloves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finger release gloves

I'm curious what type of gloves you guys use. I have one that I inherited from my Uncle that I believe is a Wyandotte brand or is very similiar but it it big for me so I'd like to get another one.

Bill, I shoot the damascus glove that Academy sells"cheap"around $8.00.I like it because it let's me feel the string.I also like it because it is so soft I never had a break in period.My lab got a hold of mine once,and I went and bought another one and never noticed the difference.

Comment

Damascus....................Is there another glove maker?

Comment

I shoot a tab but if I were to shoot a glove it would be the demascus. It is almost too soft. I know that I had a problem with it starting to shreding on me. I do shoot a lot of poundage, so that could have been the problem. It does have a real nice feel to it though. I don't think you can go wrong if you are going to use a glove.

Comment

I use to shoot a damascus, but now like the feel of the leather gloves with the cordura reinforced fingers.

Comment

3Rivers finally has the Dura Glove in my size back in stock so I plan on giving it a try (the style Broken Arrow mentioned). But since I started shooting 3 under, I have been using the cheap leather one from Academy and don't have any complaints other than it is SO soft, I imagine it will wear out a little quicker. It already is showing a little "groove" indention where I grip the string.

Comment

For hunting I like the Damascus because it seems to be more quiet than any other. I bought one of the Dura Gloves from 3 Rivers and like it as well. Brings up another question...what do you dress the leather with to make it more quiet? Some of my older gloves squeak when you pull the string.

Doug Key

Comment

I use a Grizzly deerskin glove. I got it from "The Nocking Point" (do a google search).

I also have a PSE king and a Damascus glove. The Damascus goes everywhere with me. Love it, but they're not as durable as the thicker deerskin gloves. Both the PSE and Damascus glove are DARK brown where the Grizz comes almost yellow. Leather dye will tone down the Grizz if you don't like how bright they are. You can even do a camo pattern.

Either way, when I first get a glove (any glove) I wash it in WARM water using a scent free soap. I like to use the green body soap/shampoo from Hunter's Specialties. I'll wring it out till it quits dripping then put it on and wear it for a while. Meanwhile, I'm flexing it and shaping it to my hand. Once it dries, I work mink oil into it for water proofing. I'll then wear it a little longer still flexing and shaping.

The Grizz is very comfortable and I can get a consistant release with it (when I'm not practicing swatting flies and ballet). The Damascus is also comfortable, but can be mighty thin in cold weather. The Damascus also wears out kinda fast. Using my prep and maintenance method I get at least a years use out of a Damascus. Once I had one last about 3 years before it became unusable. The jury's still out on the Grizz, but I think it'll be a keeper for sure.

Hope this helps a bit.

Comment

The super glove has changed my life! It has turned a mediocre shooter into an average one.

Comment

I have seem Erics glove(stikshooter) he uses, and it is the same thing as mine but brown and 5 bucks cheaper. They are very good gloves.

Comment

I also use the damascus glove from Academy. The glove I believe is made form deer skin and I never think about it when shooting. I've had mine about two years and just now it is starting to wear out!

Comment

Here is the glove I have been using. Belonged to my Uncle. I like it fine and it looks like some of the Wyandotte's I saw on 3 rivers website.

bushlan 003.jpg

Comment

i started out useing a damascus i liked it but my fingers were always so tender after shooting so i tried a thicker glove but didnt like it cause i couldnt fell the string and couldnt find my anchor then got the american leathers bigshot... and it is awesome!!!!! it is elk hide with nylon fingertips!!

has the feel of the demascus but i dont get the tenderness and it doesnt hold a groved like the thicker gloves which causes me to pluck the string

love the glove but its like 40 bucks
                          Last edited by jreyna920; 03-04-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X