Tuning problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tuning problems

Lets start off with the fact that i am very very green when it comes to tuning trad equipment. I want to continue to grow and get better, so i videoed my last practice session with the slowmo feature on my phone. Its a little grainy because i zoomed in to take snapshots. I don’t have youtube account to post the full video.

Now, the question. Besides brace height and knock point position, what else causes your arrow to rise drastically in the first few feet of flight? I checked my knock point and brace height before each session.

Grouping was great at 20 yards that session, which is not the norm by any means. But the flight in the video really caught my attention

The light spot just above my finger is the field tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The arrow will rise significantly as it leaves the bow. From those pics it really doesn’t look that high. Group is really good. Does the arrow fly straight on its way to the target?

Comment

Originally posted by KenWood View Post
      The arrow will rise significantly as it leaves the bow. From those pics it really doesn’t look that high. Group is really good. Does the arrow fly straight on its way to the target?

I’m getting good flight considering my sketchy consistency.
      I had expected the whole arrow to have more side to side flex. You can see from the second to third pic, the tail is higher in relation to the tip. It starts on a good path then flicks up at the last moment.
      The camera is about 12 inches directly to the left of my target, so its as straight forward a shot as im willing to take. These phones are not cheap, lol

Comment

Pay attention to your arrow at full draw. Or have someone take a couple full draw pics. Look for the shaft to bend down in the center. If so you’re putting a downward pressure on the arrow. This causes it to ramp up initially. Also you can tell if your doing that with a bare shaft that flies nock high no matter what you do with your nocking point. Hopefully that’s not it. I struggle with that and it ain’t easy to overcome. I still shoot decent even with broadheads. It’s just not right and it gets to me. For being green, that’s a twenty yard group a veteran would be proud of. Now all you gotta do is do it every time.

Comment

Id say the group i shot that particular session was a fluke lol.
          Im struggling just to hit the target today.

I will take some pics here in a bit from a different angle. It might tell a little more.
          At the shot, i can see the knock starting at much higher elevation before settling in.
          It may very well not even be a problem. It just feels funny to me

Comment

Working...
          X