No announcement yet.

Duck, it’s good!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Key was you used Mallards, try that with spoonies, redheads, or bluebills and get back with me

Comment

Nice

Comment

thought duck was horrible for a long time, was blown away when a buddy cooked it medium rareish with nothing but salt and fresh ground pepper in a skillet as you would a steak. It was delicious!! Was cooking it wrong, duck is not meant to be cooked well done

Comment

I can’t bad mouth you for doing this since I have done something similar. And you can wrap a stick in bacon and it would be delicious.

Me and my buddy shot some mallards on our lease one morning and when we got back to camp he said we were gonna have some fresh duck off the the grill for dinner that night. Well, he marinated them in Italian dressing for a few hours and put them on the grill. They smelt and looked awesome. When we sat down to eat and I took the first bite out of them, he said “whatcha think?”. I responded that the tasted just like the muddy water we shot them landing in.

About 2hrs later I marinated some grey ducks from the marsh in water for 2 days then put them in milk for 2hrs before I soaked them in some McCormicks marinade. I pan seared some potatoes and put the duck, potatoes and onions on kabobs and put them on the grill for 2-3 minutes on each side. They were so good, my extremely picky family devoured them.

At the end of the day...duck is an acquired taste...kinda like beer

Comment

Think I'll keep killin' em and donating them to the homeless. Anything can be made edible with all that prep and spices. Have you tried bacon wrapped dog turds.....? they say their good.

Comment

I love eating ducks, I chicken fry the hell out of them with gravy and mashed potatoes.

The crap ducks (ring necks, redheads, etc) have a slight liver taste, but I like liver so it works out.

Comment

I love ducks. Any duck hunters in houston that wanna drop theirs off with me to lighten their burden, I'll gladly help them out... lol
                I like brining them, then roasted or stuffed. I want to smoke one sometime.

Comment

beer can duck with a mallard or gadwall is amazing. Also deep fried like a turkey.

Ring-necks and blue bills become jalapeno poppers.

Comment

Originally posted by postman View Post
                    Think I'll keep killin' em and donating them to the homeless. Anything can be made edible with all that prep and spices. Have you tried bacon wrapped dog turds.....? they say their good.
                    So your donating them and then making fun of me for eating them? Your quite the hypocrite aren’t you!!

Comment

Originally posted by saltwater View Post
                      So your donating them and then making fun of me for eating them? Your quite the hypocrite aren’t you!!
                      Not making fun of you for eating them, just saying anything you have to "doctor" up that much to make it edible says a lot about the taste of the original item. Donate them to keep from wasting them. I know different people have different taste and like different things. Sorry if I offended you, unbunch your panties, please.

Am I hypocritical if I like to hunt them but not eat them ?

Comment

This is another great way to try them. Definitely one of my favorites. Teal, mallard, and wood ducks are the three I have tried like this.

Comment

Mudhole Ducks

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Key was you used Mallards, try that with spoonies, redheads, or bluebills and get back with me
                          Got to agree Mallards /Wood Ducks/and other Grain Field ducks outstanding...But those Bay/saltwater mudhole ducks taste like Oyster Mud..

Comment

Not making fun of you for eating them, just saying anything you have to "doctor" up that much to make it edible says a lot about the taste of the original item. Donate them to keep from wasting them. I know different people have different taste and like different things. Sorry if I offended you, unbunch your panties, please.

Oh man, please stop, are you trying to make me spit coffe out my nose again!!! Good luck sir.

Comment

If I pretend to be homeless can I have your ducks?

Comment

Smoked Wood duck. You can wrap the legs in bacon or foil to keep from drying them out. Bacon taste better than foil so that’s what I usually use.

Comment

Working...
                                X