No announcement yet.

2017-2018 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No deer seen yesterday, but I shot a big bobcat. Probably the biggest I've ever shot.

Comment

Well the wind got me. The 13 came in at 9:53 and knew something wasn’t right. He was 3 steps from being a clear shot and he knew it wasn’t right. He turned around and eased off. My arms are jello.. at full draw for minutes it seemed.
      I knew better than to hunt iffy wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Finally got some good day light pics of this deer. Have seen him a few times in late November before my camera stopped working. Got it fixed last night. Hoping my girlfriend can shoot him. He came in 3 different times this morning.

Last edited by Ryan81; 12-17-2017, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Round 4 after the 13, it’s drizzling and foggy. Hunted yesterday evening but only seen two dinks.

Comment

Set for 5-1/2 hrs today. Seen a 2 yo 8 at 10:30am, 13 didn’t show and wasn’t a lot of activity on cam last night other than yearlings.
            That’s it for 2 weeks for me since tomorrows forecast looks nasty.

I gave it hell and he outsmarted me multiple times. Learned a few things as well. I’ll have 4 days of General and 10 of muzzle loader on next days off. Maybe he will stick around while I’m at the rig. A part of me wants to see him make it another year anyways. Small property near town makes it tough to pass deer though. Big chance they go head to head with a car or get shot by someone across a pasture from their porch or barn.

Comment

I need to get back to the lease and re-corn my honeyhole. The coming cold weather ought to have them hitting it hard.

Comment

Hix, great deer you killed on your small patch. The 13 is a mature giant and sure wished you would have got him.

Enjoyed following along on your hunts.

Rwc

Comment

It's really hard to get any work done this week when I can't get my head out of the woods. The countdown is on to Friday. Will finally have 10 days to sit in wait and just hope that one of the hit list guys shows face at the right time!
                  Last edited by Dmillerdesign; 12-19-2017, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                    Hix, great deer you killed on your small patch. The 13 is a mature giant and sure wished you would have got him.

Enjoyed following along on your hunts.

Rwc

Thanks, i couldn’t stand it. Rain broke this morning and I’m camped out on the road he travels with the thing that goes boom!
                    I’m huntin’ 13 behind my house on 20 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkzmc

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
                      Thanks, i couldn’t stand it. Rain broke this morning and I’m camped out on the road he travels with the thing that goes boom!
                      I’m huntin’ 13 behind my house on 20 acres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkzmc
                      Well heck yea, best of luck and I'll keep checking back.

Rwc

Comment

Sittin in a lawn chair in the drizzle under an over hanging tree with an old scrape.

Comment

Planning on making one last trip back to Davy Crockett last weekend of the season. Hoping I can hunt the ridges along a creek and pick up a traveling buck

Comment

Well, bottom fell out of the sky and I left! He was on corn at 10pm yesterday with a tree stuck in his rack. [emoji23]

Comment

Dang it man! This "13" is turning into just as epic a hunt as the one Ambush did... Sure hope yours turns out better! Good luck sir! Hope he steps out this afternoon for ya! Get back out there an' kill 'im!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Dang it man! This "13" is turning into just as epic a hunt as the one Ambush did... Sure hope yours turns out better! Good luck sir! Hope he steps out this afternoon for ya! Get back out there an' kill 'im!
                                I almost started a thread titled “another 13 thread” when i discovered him. I had no idea he would taunt me like he has.

This rain won’t let up. Doubt I’m gonna go back in there this evening, I leave tonight at 1am to drive 400 miles to work 2 weeks.
                                Don’t need any rainy all night tracking jobs.
                                My best play is to keep the corn in there (wife’s duty) and hope he stays till i get back. Then it’s 14 days of all day hunting till he’s dead!
                                Last edited by Hix; 12-19-2017, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X