A big thanks to Rat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A big thanks to Rat

I have lurked on TBH for years, and just used the search engine for information. Sometimes it is rather hard to get info off of here that is useful. They sure is a lot of experts on here and lots of opinions. I also hate going in a archery shop trying to ask questions, when they real busy, answering the phone, and dealing with people that know everything.

I have PM'd people like Rat, FND and a few others asking specific questions about equipment. These guys always respond with helpful info.

During my last exotic hunt a few weeks ago, something happened with my bow and my arrows started fishtailing and hitting low left on targets. Arrows were also hitting targets at a severe angle. Low left was about two ft at 20 yards. I had to park my bow and finish out with a rifle.

When I got back from my hunt, I had a Nilgai hunt the next weekend so my bow sat till this past weekend. I started searching on here about fishtailing and discovered it was probably my rest had moved but I decided to pm Rat.

That old boy responded to all 10 of my emailed questions and I felt bad for asking so many, but I could not help myself.

I am normally not one to go messing with something that I dont need to mess with so Rat said take it to the bow shop and get it tuned. He also gave me more info on FOC, spines and broadheads. So my bow will go to the shop today, for a major tune up, with a dozen new arrows being made. GT Velocity XT .340 with 125 gr Stingers.

Thanks Rat, I owe you a beer or three.

Comment

Good people on here!

Comment

Rat is a high quality dude... no surprise to read that he went above and beyond to help a brother out..

Comment

Rat is very knowledgeable and contributes meaningful content to the site, he is an asset to our extended archery community for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

He's reasonably priced for personal consultations. About $11.99 plus tax. Just don't buy light beer.

Comment

Gee Wiz guys, I can sure feel the love on this thread!

I do what I can when I can, something my Grandad taught me; pass on what you know.

I hope you get it figured out Radar.

Comment

Working...
              X