Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunters Serbian Knife - Input or builders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunters Serbian Knife - Input or builders?

Some of you may have seen these on Facebook or YouTube, There are a couple of guys that video a lot of outdoor cooking along side a stream, all looks great. It is Almazan Kitchen and features just basic tools really. One is this knife that has an interesting look and I kind of like it, lol. I have thought recently that they were perhaps putting the cooking vids together to promote the knife. The do sell the knife but the wait is a long time and I am just not real sure about sending $$ overseas and waiting on a knife.

There are similar models on Facebook, Amazon and Ebay but you can tell they are just copies and don't have the same size or heft.

What do you guys think of this knife? It is not a beauty piece but sure seems functional. They say it is made with high quality carbon steel with HRC58-60. Are there any of our resident knife builders that have done something like this or interested in trying?
    Attached Files

Looks like a standard cleaver but with the front corner rounded down. Not sure how much that shape adds to any more functionality than a regular cleaver, but as I don't have one like it, I'll prob check them out.

Comment

I have a buddy that is going to chef school in Corpus and he said all the chefs there use them. He wanted one and asked me to make him one. I am not a knife maker at all, I am a weldor. I cut one out of a circular saw blade that is used for cutting wood with the PTO on a tractor. I kept it cool so I wouldn't lose the temper in the steel while I cut it out and ground it down. It came out OK but not great. He said it works great and loved it. If you want a piece of the steel and try to make your own, I will cut you out a piece and mail it to you.
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X