Treestand Descenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treestand Descenders

Has anyone on here tried the Treestand Wingman Descender. It looks to be an awesome piece of equipment. How long is the strap for descending ? And where is the place to get the best price ? Do any of y’all have other descenders that you recommend. I prefer to hunt 30-35 ft when able .
    Last edited by HotRod Hunter; 10-08-2018, 09:10 AM.

TreeStand Wingman™ protects hunters from compression and suspension injuries sustained from a fall by attaching to their treestand safety harness

$115 - $135

I'd pay $5 to see you test it.

Comment

Lol , Very Funny Eddie . But in all honesty I probably will. Just so I know what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
        Has anyone on here tried the Treestand Wingman Descender. It looks to be an awesome piece of equipment. How long is the strap for descending ? And where is the place to get the best price ? Do any of y’all have other descenders that you recommend. I prefer to hunt 30-35 ft when able .
        Just checked it out. It looks cool but what is it needed for? I hunt a lot from a tree and like firearms safety, take tree safety seriously.

If you are capable of pulling yourself back into your treestand after an arrested fall, how would this help?

Is it common to lose consciousness when wearing a full body harness and dropping 12 inches? My harness is very similar to the one I wear skydiving and I had no issues with the opening shock of the parachute.

Comment

They market it as if you are hurt or unconscious, etc it will auto lower you.

Comment

Times are changing.

Comment

I have the spiderwire descent system and it works the same

Comment

Originally posted by BolilloLoco View Post
                Times are changing.
                ?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                  Just checked it out. It looks cool but what is it needed for? I hunt a lot from a tree and like firearms safety, take tree safety seriously.

If you are capable of pulling yourself back into your treestand after an arrested fall, how would this help?

Is it common to lose consciousness when wearing a full body harness and dropping 12 inches? My harness is very similar to the one I wear skydiving and I had no issues with the opening shock of the parachute.
                  Basically if you somehow fall out of your stand or your climber malfunctions and your cable etc breaks. This helps you descend and not be hanging in a tree for only the good lord knows how long. I mostly hunt public land and alone. So I want to be able to do a controlled descend to the ground. Especially since I quite often don’t have any phone service while hunting some set ups.

Comment

The ad says 30ft of webbing. It looks similar to a rack which means its just a friction device.

Comment

Working...
                    X