Snake protection for stalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snake protection for stalk

I have a pair of Justin snake boots I love. But I’m going to Baker 3 to stalk some axis. Was thinking about going to something with a little more comfort and lighter. That being said, I’m scared to death of snakes and getting bit.

Help me out green screen! Also, I wear an 11 if anyone has something gently used for sale. But would need ASAP.

I wear regular ol' cowboy boots and look at the ground as I walk.... no help to you but a suggestion.

Comment

I love my Chippewa snake boots. They are very comfortable, but I'm not sure they would be lighter.

Comment

I reviewed these lightweight gaiters a while back - they work great

Comment

Ive really liked my Danner snake boot. Lightweight and comfortable out of the box. They have held up pretty well over the years as well.

Comment

Full chaps and cup. Forget comfort--go with safety. Perhaps a hockey mask with throat guard as well. :-)

Comment

I would worry about dehydration in this weather more.
              I have some chaps but they are hot and heavy

Comment

Here's my advice...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ecallarman; 06-08-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

My Danners are light ,cool and very comfortable. Some of those whoppers could get you in full body armor!

Comment

I like my Danner Pronghorn side zip snake boots. I have a pair of Justins also but use those as a back up now.

Comment

I a Chipp fan 4 th pair..and they been tested..by me.Hunted the east tx swamps mostly few years in west tx.4 pair sounds like they dont hold up well...in all fairness they do..Its that 30weekends a year in wet /then dry and in all fairness I only rinse then off with hose
                      sometimes and throw in corner tell next weekend...maybe they dry maybe they dont.(.I do wish they had a zipper though)

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I reviewed these lightweight gaiters a while back - they work great
                        http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=666514
                        I missed your review the first time. Those look like a great alternative.

Comment

My Irish setter vaprtrek snake boots have been amazing! Like wearing tennis shoes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

More comfortable is nowhere near the pain and money you will spend if you get bit. I always wear my Chippewa's unless it gets under 35. I have run into several rattlers both in South Texas and the Hill Country. Good luck with the axis! I will be back stalking them next week in Real Co.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                              Here's my advice...
                              I'll take plate armor over my junk please, fine sir. Links are for the peasants.

Comment

Working...
                              X