Warbles on my dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warbles on my dog

My lab had what appeared to be a sore spot on its back leg. Upon inspection it was a cyst with a breathing hole through the hide. The dog is in no pain and I believe it is warbles. What is the best way to treat this?

WTH is a warble?

Comment

It’s like a bot fly that burrows under the skin and then hatches. Looks gross but dog is acting fine

Comment

Never heard of it, hope your dog get better.

Comment

Squirrels get em real bad, you can squeeze them out and they look like a grub worm

Comment

Originally posted by elhefe View Post
            It’s like a bot fly that burrows under the skin and then hatches. Looks gross but dog is acting fine
            Originally posted by Radar View Post
            Squirrels get em real bad, you can squeeze them out and they look like a grub worm
            Oh please don't ever let one of my dogs get this... I almost threw up. I don't do worms of any type...

Comment

Have you tried squeezing it? Don't forget to video

Comment

What did your Vet say??

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  Oh NO!

Comment

Ahhhh....like the worm in a rabbits neck. No idea how to treat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Put a coke bottle over it, then inject a little peroxide into the knot. You'll quickly see what's in there!

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        I'm with her.

Comment

My pointer got a small hole in her foot that wouldn't heal, it would weep pus. I squeezed on it for days. Finally I took a pair of finger nail clippers, turned em sideways and cut open the hole. Within 2 days it completely healed

Comment

My biscuit hound got what our vet called a grub worm in his belly from going under the gate in the mud. Same thing, oozing hole. She put him under and cut it out, she said if something ruptured it could kill him. I don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cover it in Vaseline or something else to keep it from getting oxygen. It’ll come out to breathe then grab it. Then do water therapy 2-3 times a day to help the wound heal.

Comment

Working...
                              X