Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shoot corelokts in my .308 and 25-06. Never had an issue

Comment

Why would a multi million dollar ammo company up and decide to unanimously agree to change their ammo to inaccurate crap? It's the rifle...not the rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodfellah View Post
        Been shooting Remington core lokt out of my 7mm rem mag for 20 yrs with no issue. Including the box of 150 grain I bought this year.
        Funny thing is my 7 mag is lights-out with them too.

Originally posted by Man View Post
        Why would a multi million dollar ammo company up and decide to unanimously agree to change their ammo to inaccurate crap? It's the rifle...not the rounds.
        Well if they didn’t decide to do it with their ammo they decided to do it with their rifles because the 08 I’m referring to is a 700.

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
          Man that’s interesting, only round I’ve used the past 10 years in .308 and never had an issue at all.

Dad’s 270 has shot nothing but Corelokt for 30 years and been sub MOA all the time.

New box of Corelokt and its a 2” gun.....

Comment

Never had a problem in my 223, 30-06 and 308. Hits were I point them.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Dad’s 270 has shot nothing but Corelokt for 30 years and been sub MOA all the time.

New box of Corelokt and its a 2” gun.....
              TBH I haven’t bought any in a few years. I only shoot 4-5 rounds a year in my .308 .

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                Today Remington ammo and firearm production quality is not all that great, manufactures have gotten use to selling anything they could put on store shelves.

I'm finding better accuracy using the Federal Power Shok, (blue box ).
                Yep.. The quality of everything that Remington was once known for went WAY down after the buy/sell out...
                Ask any gunsmith..
                Last edited by PondPopper; 11-21-2017, 12:33 AM.

Comment

I've killed a bunch of animals with them, but I think I'm finished with Corlokts unless I get in a pinch. I shot a little buck 2 weekends ago(guts in weighed 92lbs). Shot with a .243, 100gr Corelokt at @90 yards. Shot di-rectly through the heart, hit no bone...Bullet didn't exit. I didn't have a scale to weight the bullet, but I'd bet $197 that it didn't weigh 50gr.

Don't get me wrong, they work good enough, but I can pay ~$5 a box more and get a bullet that I KNOW is going to stay together and punch all the way through soft tissue.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

When was the last time you saw Remington advertise the M700 is the most accurate out of the box rifle made, when they realized it is far from it. Sure the occasional accident happens but the QC for consistency is long gone. the most accurate rifle own is a factory Remington 700 and the least accurate factory rifle I have ever owned is also a M700. I have owned one M700 that would not chamber a round right out of the box, large machining but on the bolt face. I also saw one at a gun shop before it was sent back to Remington that had no rifling in the barrel oops.

The 17 Remington is the only rifle I have shot Corelokts through in over 30 years. They lost me with the first productions of the 7mm-08 which used not a Corelokt but a very thin jacketed bullet that left a crater wound in a bucks shoulder though it did crack the shoulder it failed on a high should shot, glad I got lucky and only hit a rib on the way in with a follow up shot. It was not an isolated incident and was published to be true in one of the gun magazines of the times, after they had their Corelokts on the shelves to be sold (a little late). In the 17 Remington they now load bullets from the company that supplied those poor performing bullets and these bullets are not as accurate as the old Remington loads were.

The popularity of Remington products still amazes me, sure there are more parts to customize a 700 than any other rifle (because they need it). Of course the () comment is not necessarly true but is in part IMO. The M700 action is a simple one to work with and easy to blue print and get a very nice accurate rifle but Remington lack of QC lets ones like those 2 mentioned go out the door. those are not isolated incidents either.

Sorry if my experience does not agree with yours but just stating some of mine.

Comment

That is what we use for bullets in our 30-06 deer rifles at work. This past weekend I shot a 3 shot group with them and they cut each others holes. Took a client to shoot a buck with them at about 60 yards, he center punched the shoulder and the bullet didnt go much farther than that and he needed a follow up shot. Last season I took some clients to shoot does and he brought core lok as his ammo of choice, shot 3 does and we never had a pass thru or a single drop of blood

Comment

Been shooting Remington Corelokts in my 30.06, .270, and .243 for years. Never had an issue

Comment

I tried Corelokt ammo in my wife's custom 7mm08, that's built on a Remington 700 action, and they didn't group well at all. Switched to Hornady whitetail loads and she's shooting sub MOA groups now.

Comment

Probably the gun or you. Son in law shoots corelokts in his 308 with no issues. I shoot Hornady interloks in my 308. They pretty much same ammo and no issues. Get ur gun looked by a gunsmith

Comment

All I shoot in my .308 and I've not noticed any difference in accuracy or performance. Groups still under an inch at 100 yds, and blew through a deer the past weekend with no problems.

Jake

Comment

Been shooting the corelokts in my winchester mod 70 in a .270 cal for as long as I can remember. This year was actually the first year in several that I've had to buy a few new boxes and still holding a 1 minute group out to 200. Can't seem to tell a difference in the boxes I've had for 5 plus years and the boxes I bought a month ago

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X