keep string on or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep string on or not?

I am new to this traditional stuff...Do I need to unstring my bow when not shooting or does it hurt to leave it strung? Thanks

Yes and no.......

It does not hurt "modern" glass recurve and long bows to leave them strung for long periods of time. If you are going to be shooting your bow every day/week/month I would leave it strung. There is always the danger of twisting a limb if something goes wrong while stringing your bow.

If its going to be several months before you shoot a bow again I would unstring the bow just incase an old string breaks while strung. Its a good idea to replace the string every year with a new one made with new/fresh materials.

Comment

What Thumper said

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        Yes and no.......

It does not hurt "modern" glass recurve and long bows to leave them strung for long periods of time. If you are going to be shooting your bow every day/week/month I would leave it strung. There is always the danger of twisting a limb if something goes wrong while stringing your bow.

If its going to be several months before you shoot a bow again I would unstring the bow just incase an old string breaks while strung. Its a good idea to replace the string every year with a new one made with new/fresh materials.
        Yep, that 'bout covers it.

Comment

With Thumper and Losthawg giving advice, I might as well go surf a fishing board. I am not needed here!

Ditto.

Comment

Chunky...Neither am I. They 'bout said it all.

Comment

Thats some good info, thanks guys.

Comment

I see how you are Chunky. You never give me any credit whatsoever.

Comment

shhot alot problem solved.

Comment

LOL, okay.....a public anouncement!!!

Hear one, hear all,

Mark "Broken Arrow" Taylor is credited for the following things.

Carrying a big hacker with him to the TBH golf championship!
                    Helping me pick a new arrow by allowing me to shoot several of his.
                    Giving a free shooting lesson at Old River Baptist Church.
                    And many many good posts on TBH.

My many thanks and I am in need of another shooting lesson soon
                    Last edited by Chunky; 11-16-2006, 04:07 PM.

Comment

dang fat fingers
                      Last edited by Chunky; 11-16-2006, 04:05 PM.

Comment

not fat fingers, only one brain cell works on Thursday, the other 2 are resting for the weekend.

Comment

Mitch I think he has you fooled. The other 2 brain cells are on permanent vacation.

Comment

If i left it strung, I wouldnt leave it standin in the corner.

If I aint mistakin....it will weaken the load bearing limb. Lay or hang it flat.

Please correct me ifin Im wrong.
                            Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                            l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                            ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Finally !!!! O.k I can now sleep tonight....

Comment

Working...
                              X