Hammering Trade Point Broadheads from Spoons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammering Trade Point Broadheads from Spoons

Well the hunting didn't go well last week, but I did make good use of my time by hammering out some broadheads from tablespoons. I also made this do-it-yourself video to help anyone that wants to give this a try. Enjoy

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nARF_GNrDwc"]Making Trade Point Broad Heads from Spoons - YouTube[/ame]

Good video! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Thank you for the video, that looks like it would be fun to do.

If I sat on the floor cross legged like that, I would have to crawl over to that pole to stand up, I'm impressed

Comment

That is cool. Do you have a close up picture of the finished point?

Comment

You are one creative dude, Derrick. You have awesome taste in music, too.

Comment

Sweet video. And the Lynard Skynard music was great too.

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
              You are one creative dude, Derrick. You have awesome taste in music, too.
              X2!

Comment

Thanks everyone, glad you like.

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                That is cool. Do you have a close up picture of the finished point?
                I'll take some pictures of the points this evening and get them posted.

Comment

Great video, Derek! Thanks for posting it. I was wondering about the initial hammering/flattening process. Would it help to heat the spoon up first to make it easier to flatten? Or would that somehow weaken the steel?

I don't have audio at work, so don't know if you mentioned this in the video, but do you know how much it weighs? And I'm also very interested in seeing a close-up picture of the final work!

Comment

Originally posted by equin View Post
                    Great video, Derek! Thanks for posting it. I was wondering about the initial hammering/flattening process. Would it help to heat the spoon up first to make it easier to flatten? Or would that somehow weaken the steel?

I don't have audio at work, so don't know if you mentioned this in the video, but do you know how much it weighs? And I'm also very interested in seeing a close-up picture of the final work!
                    Never heated them before, and I know if you do that wrong it would weaken the metal. The flattening really doesn't take as long as the cutting, shaping and sharping. I'll give the weights when I post the pictures later today.

Comment

If you attach it to an arrow, please show how you did that in a picture too.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                        If you attach it to an arrow, please show how you did that in a picture too.
                        Sure will do that. Here are some pictures of trade points and stone points I've attached to arrows already if they help. None of the trade points are exactly like the ones I made but the attacting is basically the same.

Comment

Hey those good looking points at the top sure look like the ones in my quiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
                            Hey those good looking points at the top sure look like the ones in my quiver.
                            HUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM, could be the same.......

Comment

good job !

Comment

Working...
                              X