I hate thieves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys,

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

Comment

Originally posted by ranchdog View Post
      Hey guys,

I keep seeing threads about stolen trucks and each time I post about using the Ravelco anti-theft device. It is a wired plug system that you keep the plug with you. I have no business interest in this, just passing on how simple but effective it is.

Home page for the Ravelco anti theft device, anti theft device for cars, anti theft device for trucks, anti theft device for big rigs, anti theft device for heavy equipment. Not one vehicle ever stolen using the Ravelco Anti Theft Device!

I also use a Viper that will page you (up to 1 mile) if it has been tripped in any manner but the Ravelco I believe has prevented thieves from even messing with it. Before it was broken into 3 times, Since the Ravelco and Viper they don't even try now. Its a F250 7.3 Diesel 4x4. This is great when you have to run into Walmart on the way to the deer lease, you know instantly if someone is messing with your truck

Viper is the most recognized name in vehicle security and auto remote start systems, and an industry leader in cloud connected car technology. Viper products include car alarms, remote car starters, wireless home security and automation, window film, window tint, SmartStart, interface modules, accessories, transmitters and remotes.

Good Luck, Stay safe out there.

Ranchdog

I keep waiting for your same post on every stolen vehicle thread! Surprised it took you so long! You crack me up Ranch Dog!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolArrow View Post
        Isn't the pd in San Antonio doing something? As many as y'all report being stolen I'd figure the pd would be trying to do their jobs.
        They are hiring if you believe you can do a better job

Comment

Some of you guys with experiance. Did insurance give you a fair value for your truck and what about extras like tools and stereo's? Mine got jacked sunday night and the insurance guy seems like they will take care of me but in not convinced.

Comment

Me too......

The criminal element is winning and that needs to change. Law enforcement is out numbered and underfunded and handicapped by having to fight a battle with rules against an enemy with no rules.

SSS needs to happen,...,.......when caught in the act.

They just hit our hunting camp so my tolerance has hit Zero.

Comment

Dang, hope you get it back

Comment

I had my 2005 F-250 grey like yours stolen with everything we could salvage from our flooded house a week after Harvey. It takes a low life to do something like that! Just now getting all the insurance stuff taken care of. They did do right on paying me decent for it though.

Comment

With as many trucks being stolen from so many spots in SA, it would take enormous manpower dedicated to doing "stings." Basically, it would take a task force effort. SAPD may be doing just that as far as I know. Without leads to follow or "snitches" in the know, there is really little else they can do.

Comment

Insurance won't pay off on your truck for at least 2 weeks, just in case it's recovered. Any items in your truck or tool box that were stolen with the truck have to be filed on your home owners insurance. Mine got stolen last year in Dallas. Was recovered in Oklahoma just before the 2 weeks were up. Got my truck back, but everything else was gone obviously. Large deductible on home owners didn't cover half of the items I had in my truck and tool box when it was stolen.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
                      I keep waiting for your same post on every stolen vehicle thread! Surprised it took you so long! You crack me up Ranch Dog!
                      LOL....I know I just copy and paste it each time ....My 2002 7.3 F250 was broken into 3 times and each time they couldn't steal it because the little gray plug was in my pocket

Thanks, RD

Comment

Originally posted by TeXXaN View Post
                        whats the deal with them stealing them why just those?
                        Couple reasons; you can literally break into and drive one off using a butter knife, as mentioned the roll toward the border with them, and they strip them for parts.

I found a chop shop several years ago via lojack that was loaded with 3/4 tons. Mostly fords but there was 2 5.9 cummins trucks. We found three trucks in various phases of being cut and evidence for a dozen more. Used 2 rollbacks to haul off all the parts. I called the owner of one lifted and tricked out 7.3 that sounded like a young kid. He was elated we found it and then asked about its condition, he nearly cried on the phone when I said the firewall of the cab was cut so they could get the motor out

Comment

I have an 02 F250 with the Ravelco installed. Just have to get in the habit of pulling the plug every time you get out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just received a call from police dept. my truck was located in Laredo, Tx. Don't know what condition my truck is in, I need to call the wrecker service down there tomorrow. I will be looking into installing the ravelco assuming the truck isn't a total loss. I hope the truck is mechanically sound, don't know how long the insurance will give me to report any damages that I find other than the obvious if any.
                            Last edited by bowhunt3; 11-10-2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Check your truck real good for undercarriage damage.! It was probably involved in a pursuit with LE down here.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunt3 View Post
                                Just received a call from police dept. my truck was located in Laredo, Tx. Don't know what condition my truck is in, I need to call the wrecker service down there tomorrow. I will be looking into installing the ravelco assuming the truck isn't a total loss. I hope the truck is mechanically sound, don't know how long the insurance will give me to report any damages that I find other than the obvious if any.
                                Kind of bitter sweet isnt it? When they found mine I was kind of upset because you never know what youre getting back. But I hope for your sake its clean and they didnt tear it up.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X