2018 College Baseball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
    He had 8 RBI and it wasn’t even the most for the week. 3 out of 4 games Tech scored over 20. Wind or no wind that is a lot of scoring. I hope they can keep this can open for the weekend versus the Sooners.

They’re averaging 9.2 runs per game. The closest divisions 1 school to Tech is Kentucky at 7.8. The Rip will be a hot ticket in Lubbock from here on out. If all of our pitching can just stay healthy, we should be pretty scary to everybody on the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txarcher View Post
      They’re averaging 9.2 runs per game. The closest divisions 1 school to Tech is Kentucky at 7.8. The Rip will be a hot ticket in Lubbock from here on out. If all of our pitching can just stay healthy, we should be pretty scary to everybody on the schedule.

The only thing that can slow this team down right now is their attitude. Playa and I are both worried about the grit and killer instinct with this team. They have all the tools. Sometimes they act as if they don’t care to sweep a team or put them out of their misery when we get a big lead. If the develop this they can beat anyone.

Comment

Comment

Well, it's time for the old friends to face off in Lubbock this weekend. Skip and Tim grew up together playing little league, duck hunting, fishing and working at the feed mill together. When Tim comes out to the lease and those two start telling stories its a hoot!
          Two great people for sure!

I'll be pulling for the Sooners!

Comment

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
            The only thing that can slow this team down right now is their attitude. Playa and I are both worried about the grit and killer instinct with this team. They have all the tools. Sometimes they act as if they don’t care to sweep a team or put them out of their misery when we get a big lead. If the develop this they can beat anyone.
            Yep it just seems like they don’t show up some games. I’m hoping they get their minds right for these last 3 series... & a big midweek game in Ark

Comment

Tech with a Guns Up Victory in extra innings over OU. Came from behind and won on a walk off balk after making a double steal of 3rd & 2nd the play before!

Comment

2018 College Baseball

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Tech with a Guns Up Victory in extra innings over OU. Came from behind and won on a walk off balk after making a double steal of 3rd & 2nd the play before!

That was certainly the most exciting balk that I’ve ever witnessed!

Comment

when in a dog fight like that any play that results in runner movement is exciting. Any play that leads to a win is even better. I hope it leads to great momentum for the rest of the weekend. I did love to see them get a little grit in their craw and come from behind in a close one.

Comment

Kody Clemens just hit the hardest ball I think I've seen this year.

Comment

I need to see a replay. I 've never seen a balkoff before. WTHay!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                        I need to see a replay. I 've never seen a balkoff before. WTHay!
                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biKQxIGM47Q"]#4 Texas Tech beats #14 Oklahoma on a walk off balk - YouTube[/ame]

What you can’t see is Jung, the base runner on 3rd takes off at a full on sprint towards home, which caused the freshman reliever to panic and subsequently balk. Not sure what plan B was if the balk didn’t happen, but guess it doesent matter.

Another interesting thing from that game. OU’s starter threw a gem, going 8 1/3 innings with a lead basically the entire game. OU somehow managed to use 6 pitchers in the remainder of the 1 2/3 innings and unfortunately lost one of their key relievers while warming up on the mound. The kid pitching in that video moved from 1st to pitch after the injury.

Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes the windshield. OU was the bug today

Comment

Well that will do it! And lost a reliever with out throwing a meaningful pitch. Ole Skip just sprouted some new gray hairs.

Comment

#4 Texas Tech beats #14 Oklahoma on a walk off balk - YouTube

What you can’t see is Jung, the base runner on 3rd takes off at a full on sprint towards home, which caused the freshman reliever to panic and subsequently balk. Not sure what plan B was if the balk didn’t happen, but guess it doesent matter.

Another interesting thing from that game. OU’s starter threw a gem, going 8 1/3 innings with a lead basically the entire game. OU somehow managed to use 6 pitchers in the remainder of the 1 2/3 innings and unfortunately lost one of their key relievers while warming up on the mound. The kid pitching in that video moved from 1st to pitch after the injury.

Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes the windshield. OU was the bug today
                            Just reaffirms the power of having runners on base. Action on the base paths leads to chaos in so many ways. I’m just glad it lead to a very meaningful win for Tech. Too bad you couldn’t see more of Jung in the video. He is a legitimate MLB prospect.

Comment

Tech takes the series against OU. Sure would like to see this squad quash their Sunday slide of late

Comment

Tech takes the series against OU. Sure would like to see this squad quash their Sunday slide of late

Me too. I think that the depth of our bullpen will get us the sweep.

Comment

Working...
                                X