X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taurus warantee?

Just thought I'd pass this along.

Taurus has changed their warrantee.

Any Taurus firearm manufactured after 01-01-18 only has a one years warrantee.
    I was going to order a Taurus PT 92B17 (9MM) and probably a PT 100 or 110 (40 S&W). These are all Beretta 92 clones.
    Yes I know Taurus semi autos get cussed. But..........Taurus bought the Beretta plant in Brazil. After the digging I've done Taurus's 92 is better than the Beretta 92 and cost 350-$400. But this new Taurus warrantee deal was a deal killer. The Taurus 92B17 has an built in rail and an ambidextrous safety
    Not being a fan of the newer Beretta 92-93? design is why I like the Taurus PT 92 tactical and was going to buy one.
    ANY INPUT on the Taurus 92, 99,100,110 clones?
    Semper fi.
    God bless!
    PS: At this time I have one Taurus. It's a model 94 with a 4' barrel and it shoots better than my 4" S&W model 34 & was less than half the cost. Both were bought used.
    Last edited by texaspacker; 04-09-2018, 01:54 PM.

Thanks for the info about the warranty, but I honestly don't even know what warranty came on mine when new. I have had it so long I forget lol. I know a lot of people bash Taurus but I have a gen2 PT111 Millennium Pro bought new. I have a couple thousand rounds at least through it without a failure of any kind. It's kind of ugly, but shoots well lol. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
      Thanks for the info about the warranty, but I honestly don't even know what warranty came on mine when new. I have had it so long I forget lol. I know a lot of people bash Taurus but I have a gen2 PT111 Millennium Pro bought new. I have a couple thousand rounds at least through it without a failure of any kind. It's kind of ugly, but shoots well lol. Maybe I just got lucky and got a good one.
      All taurus pistols made before the date mentioned above have lifetime warranties. The g2 pt111 is probably the best "cheap" gun out there.

Comment

I've got a PT 101 that I've had for over 20 years and never had a problem other than the rear sight roll pin working loose. Tapped it back in and haven't had a problem since.

Comment

Love my PT111

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
          X2- small, comfortable, takes abuse and is on the money

Comment

Ever thought about a police trade in Beretta? I bought a 92fs, it has a lot of holster wear but shoots lights out. Here's one I found with a quick Google search.

In order to meet the requirements of some law enforcement agencies, Beretta modified the original Model 92 by adding a slide-mounted combined safety and decocking lever, replacing the frame-mounted thumb safety. This resulted in the 92S, which was adopted by several Italian law enforcement and military units. The magazine release button is at the bottom of the grip as is customary in Europe. This model was produced from 1978 to 1982. These pistols are used, Italian Police trade-ins, that are in excellent operational condition and Very Good to Good exterior cosmetic condition. The amount of wear on the pistols varies, but you can expect some holster wear on the slides, as well as finish wear on any hard edges (such as around the trigger guard or beaver tail). Chambered in 9mm (9x19), the full size and moderate weight of the pistols contribute to them being very pleasant to shoot, and they make fantastic carry or home defense handguns. These pistols have lightweight alloy frames and steel slides. Each pistol will come with one (1) 15rd magazine, has a slide-mounted combined safety/decocker lever, and fixed sights.

Thanks for the heads up on the warranty!
            Last edited by Bowyer; 04-10-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

The reviews on that link to classic firearms will make you think twice about buying used from a dealer.

pray for rain

Comment

Originally posted by bowtecmike View Post
                The reviews on that link to classic firearms will make you think twice about buying used from a dealer.

pray for rain
                Lol, I didn't see that! I wouldn't buy from there either. Sorry I shared that site it was the first one that turned up in my search.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X