Passenger forcible removed from flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
    Problem is that the customer was already boarded and sitting in his seat. Hard to "deny boarding" when the boarding already happened.
    Although it hasn't been stated & I haven't heard...i suspect there was an asset change from what they booked & seat count changed & they didn't catch the conflict before boarding happened...it happens & when it does they are technically "oversold" & covered by their policy on such...sometimes it's missed completely until 2 ppl show up@ the seat both with a boarding pass for that seat

Comment

Originally posted by RodinaRanč View Post
      In all honesty....it was worse before 9-11...port pass, tsa-pre, global entry programs have taken away some of the airline "discretion" in putting their rules/contracts in action...esp true of international travel

I have literally sat on a flight where they removed the passenger (at the passenger's request), but refused to de-plane that passenger's carry-on bag....needless to say...i requested to be de-planed & rebooked
      Man amigo, I was never a heavy flyer ever, but I most certainly flew way more before 9-11 that after...I was always treated like I actually gave them $$$.

Since then, albeit little...I feel like I'm just part of the cattle being herded.

~~~~~~~

In regards to your bet, it's flawed...the lawyer fees that have already likely started surpass what they offered in vouchers. I personally don't think the guy will take anything with no attny's involved. They do not want to take this to court.

Fox just showed a clip of a vid of someone yelling out to the crew member who was getting this guys spot "just drive, it's 4 hours" whether this is factual or not doesn't matter. The damage done is horrible & there is simply NO WAY you can say this will not cost United more than the voucher offered.

Again, the flight cancellations happening now...the continued losses starting tomorrow for those just catching on, etc is going to be painful. The doc dragged off will most indeed get some jack beyond the voucher & United is already sorry for the situation due to loss in revenue.

I don't give a crap about proving it, but to think otherwise that this guy won't get more than what united originally offered?? Really??

Comment

Problem is that the customer was already boarded and sitting in his seat. Hard to "deny boarding" when the boarding already happened.
        He was also instructed by the flight crew to unboard the aircraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Lol! Well then, that changes everything.
          There's the right thing to do and wrong thing to do regardless of miles you have flown or the money you spend. Simple as that

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
            It does what its told

It rubs the lotion on its skin or it gets the hose again
            Problem with authority much?

Comment

Denied boarding is the term used for anyone not allowed to leave with the aircraft. If a passenger is found to be Intoxicated before we take off, he or she is "denied boarding". If a passenger is irrational and causing a scene while taxiing to the runway, we go back and they are "denied boarding".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The problem is, the old guy thought his opinion mattered

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  Man amigo, I was never a heavy flyer ever, but I most certainly flew way more before 9-11 that after...I was always treated like I actually gave them $$$.

Since then, albeit little...I feel like I'm just part of the cattle being herded.

~~~~~~~

In regards to your bet, it's flawed...the lawyer fees that have already likely started surpass what they offered in vouchers. I personally don't think the guy will take anything with no attny's involved. They do not want to take this to court.

Fox just showed a clip of a vid of someone yelling out to the crew member who was getting this guys spot "just drive, it's 4 hours" whether this is factual or not doesn't matter. The damage done is horrible & there is simply NO WAY you can say this will not cost United more than the voucher offered.

Again, the flight cancellations happening now...the continued losses starting tomorrow for those just catching on, etc is going to be painful. The doc dragged off will most indeed get some jack beyond the voucher & United is already sorry for the situation due to loss in revenue.

I don't give a crap about proving it, but to think otherwise that this guy won't get more than what united originally offered?? Really??
                  I am too & rarely say anything...even when i should...but when some cracker puts a bag on a plane & then gets off that plane with the bag still there...my arse is getting off the that plane...lol.

I seriously doubt he gets anything other than what he got today...it would he surprising if he did
                  Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 08:13 PM.

Comment

For $800, I'd do a lot of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      There's the right thing to do and wrong thing to do regardless of miles you have flown or the money you spend. Simple as that
                      No argument there. The right thing to do is get off the plane, and deal with it later. Kind of like dealing in court, not on the street with a LEO. When it comes to aircraft, these are federal laws, not state laws or city ordinance.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        Something to be said for honoring your end of a contract too...but hey...if you have a more fair way of keeping everyone who books a flight happy, based on your vast experience...you should hit up the airlines...i'm sure they'd love to hear your ideas that a room full of people paid to do just that have never thought of...lol

While you're at it...do a lil think'n on upgrade selection & give'm the 411 on that too b/c it sucks the way it is...lol
                        Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

This thread delivers!

Id like to fly with the one feller (not the one kicked off), drink and BS the entire flight!

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                            Problem is once your butt hits the seat, then the game changes for folks in their mind...this should have been handled before they all boarded. Leave it in the lobby/gate. Good gosh, can't someone freak'n count??

It was really stupid of them to not keep upping the offer till someone bit. Man, if I owned an airline there would have been a cash offer starting at $100 & bumped up $100 every minute till someone accepted. Keep going at the accepted number till the number needed are off the plane. Everyone is happy & life goes on.
                            This ^^^
                            I fly about 60-70 flights a year and have never "actually boarded" a plane where someone was asked to give up a seat and de-plane due to over booking. That should have (and always has) been addressed prior to boarding. It's very common for airlines to over book and ask folks to give up a seat...but deal with that before butts get in seats. And I also agree with Paul that United should have continued to up the ante until the $ voucher influenced a "willing" party.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                            The other question is this. If it was you getting screwed and kicked off, how would you handle it?

A) be understandably mad, argue your case then leave peaceably swearing to never fly with them again. Write letters of complaint, blog about it and tell everyone you know.
                            B) lay on the floor and act like a toddler throwing a fit at WalMart because MeeMaw won't by you gummy bears

Have some self respect dude.
                            Come on jerp....B is how we do things nowadays. How else you gonna rack up 6 million views on YouTube?

Comment

lol...it wasnt even for United's employees

Comment

Wasn't overbooking of a flight though... they were kicking paying passengers off to transport another crew...

That said... me, personally... I'd have taken the $ compensation, gotten a refund of my ticket cost and drove myself home if it was that important I make it home to see patients... I'm guessing he still didn't make it for that...

Comment

Working...
                                X