• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm in when is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin05gt View Post
      I'm in when is it ?
      WAtch out for the ticks, rattle snakes and the cotton mouths. They are out in force now that the weather is warmed up.

Comment

Yah all be bringing out the old snake boots today. When is the GRXH ?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin05gt View Post
          Yah all be bringing out the old snake boots today. When is the GRXH ?
          14th thru 16th of feb

Comment

So far way I will be out but can't wait any longer have the itch to stick a hog

Comment

I think Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt (GRXH) is 15-17 Feb. 18th is a holiday, so I'll probably stay over. Main base is the Primitive Camp grounds. Starts @1200 of Friday and ends @1200 on Sunday. Paintman is right about getting in the thickest stuff you can, go very slow and you might get a shot. There are also a couple fence crossings you can post up on early and late that have produced. As Wildman said wear comfortable shoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Wudstix View Post
                I think Granger Ranger Xtreme Hunt (GRXH) is 15-17 Feb. 18th is a holiday, so I'll probably stay over. Main base is the Primitive Camp grounds. Starts @1200 of Friday and ends @1200 on Sunday. Paintman is right about getting in the thickest stuff you can, go very slow and you might get a shot. There are also a couple fence crossings you can post up on early and late that have produced. As Wildman said wear comfortable shoes.
                You are correct on the dates stated above sir. My mistake

Comment

Crodd888, Sir is uncalled for, longbow dude is just fine. Usually last weekend of Feb, but bumped up a week this year. One Rule - Don't bring anything that could be classified as food. (Unless you have documented medical condition) Beer is not food, thank God!!!!!

Comment

Spent an hour patching the bottom of "Wet One" and I might have to change her name. Finished patching some spots on the inside then decided to coat the bottom with epoxy. Wish I could get out there once more before GRXH, but have to much going on.

Comment

Anyone heard about a helicopter kill off this year???they didn't do one last year because of the drought!!!but every year b4 they took out a hundred or so hogs in a couple of days, just shooting them and leaving them lay or floating in the river.....i think it's bs but i assume nobody has the money to pay the helo guys......army corps was always the lead, tpwd had nothing to do with it, they usually flew right b4 the granger ranger hunt every year.....i hope they don't i think it will give the rangers a better chance for some ham....my friend said he also saw some guys in a white pickup driving through the park areas in 2009 with ar-15's, i think it was taylor park.....i would like to be paid to kill pigs but i would have to be able to pick them up, gut them and donate to someone in need.

Comment

On another note has anyone seen a wild sheep at granger, i have seen a total of 5 in the past few years, i think they were the tx corsican sheep!!!saw three going across the dam by the overlook and one inside wilson fox park by the crappie dock that has a hole in the middle of it? maybe they got away from someone who lives near the lake, i have noticed some by the white bass drop off and by the horse shoe over by the doppler...just curious, can we whack them with the aph permit??????anyone,,,,

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                          On another note has anyone seen a wild sheep at granger, i have seen a total of 5 in the past few years, i think they were the tx corsican sheep!!!saw three going across the dam by the overlook and one inside wilson fox park by the crappie dock that has a hole in the middle of it? maybe they got away from someone who lives near the lake, i have noticed some by the white bass drop off and by the horse shoe over by the doppler...just curious, can we whack them with the aph permit??????anyone,,,,
                          I have seen two below the dam. The guys at the station said they have sent them also. I've posted about it here but no one believes me. And you can shoot them. They are not native. I'd like to see one again

Comment

Me and Dirtymike were Camped at the PC a year or so ago. Met a fellow on the river who said he killed a 300# pig at the PC two days earlier. The next morning I got in my kayak and noticed down stream a buzzard walking on water and several standing on the bank watching him. I paddled there and saw he was standing on this "300#" (he was closer to 250#) pig. The guy didn't even take the back strap.

Comment

Anyone heard about a helicopter kill off this year???they didn't do one last year because of the drought!!!but every year b4 they took out a hundred or so hogs in a couple of days, just shooting them and leaving them lay or floating in the river.....i think it's bs but i assume nobody has the money to pay the helo guys......army corps was always the lead, tpwd had nothing to do with it, they usually flew right b4 the granger ranger hunt every year.....i hope they don't i think it will give the rangers a better chance for some ham....my friend said he also saw some guys in a white pickup driving through the park areas in 2009 with ar-15's, i think it was taylor park.....i would like to be paid to kill pigs but i would have to be able to pick them up, gut them and donate to someone in need.
                              If the corps do not have the money to possibly not have a deer hunt next year and also to not replace John caffey then they surely don't have the money to hire a helicopter.

Comment

I swear to god I paddled up to 4 huge pretty peacocks. They were in pairs. I watched them for about 5 min then they flew/jumped up a high bluf and were gone. I thought I was seeing things but I got close enough there no doubt. Less than 20 yards from them. The GW out there thinks I am a fruitcake cause I asked him if there were any out there and told him I had just seen fwo breeding pair. I could hear it in his voice he wanted to tell me I was full of it but remained professional. but no **** I swear I did!

Comment

Working...
                                X