LEO question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LEO question

Received a ticket today for 2 violations!! 1st violation was expired registration, 2nd was for no inspection.
    Now I will give the Dallas county sheriff deputy credit. The stickers in windshield expired 6-30-16.
    I had the inspection report which was done on 5-28-16 at 2:13 pm. showed it to him and he didn't care.
    Had registration receipt with copy of check for renewal which was mailed on 6-15-16 he didn't care.
    I am waiting for the sticker to come in the mail so I can place it on the windshield.
    Got back to work and went to Texas.gov and it shows that it has been renewed.
    I take the blame for driving with expired stickers but computer has to show that everything is up to date seeing how I had paper proof that everything was up to date.
    Can he not see that everything was up to date?

best guess is the tickets are not for not being inspected...or registered...but for failure to display

Comment

I'm pretty sure I've been down the same road and its just a fix it ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
        Received a ticket today for 2 violations!! 1st violation was expired registration, 2nd was for no inspection.
        Now I will give the Dallas county sheriff deputy credit. The stickers in windshield expired 6-30-16.
        I had the inspection report which was done on 5-28-16 at 2:13 pm. showed it to him and he didn't care.
        Had registration receipt with copy of check for renewal which was mailed on 6-15-16 he didn't care.
        I am waiting for the sticker to come in the mail so I can place it on the windshield.
        Got back to work and went to Texas.gov and it shows that it has been renewed.
        I take the blame for driving with expired stickers but computer has to show that everything is up to date seeing how I had paper proof that everything was up to date.
        Can he not see that everything was up to date?

Comment

If you look at the fine print of those receipts it specifically says it wont work as proof for LE. Now not to say that I wouldn't of been ****** either, if I paid the state their dang money they need to leave me the heck alone.

Comment

I would call the judge or prosecutor for that area and give them the details then scan your documentation and send it to them,or just go to the court in person.

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
              best guess is the tickets are not for not being inspected...or registered...but for failure to display
              There is no inspection sticker anymore.Your inspection report is your proof of inspection.

DJ

Comment

get the sticker take them the receipt and the ticket to court show them the dates, they will most likely dismiss them without hesitation

Comment

Originally posted by xman59 View Post
                  get the sticker take them the receipt and the ticket to court show them the dates, they will most likely dismiss them without hesitation
                  Exactly.

Comment

Take what ever documentation you have as well as screen shots that it has been renewed. Should be taken care of. Pretty lame to give a ticket for that when you had proof.

Comment

Lol I got nailed on the 5th for the same thing. Took it to the judge today and paid 20$ to have it dismissed

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
                        I would call the judge or prosecutor for that area and give them the details then scan your documentation and send it to them,or just go to the court in person.

DJ
                        I plan on calling for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsix-eightX View Post
                          Lol I got nailed on the 5th for the same thing. Took it to the judge today and paid 20$ to have it dismissed
                          Why did you pay $20?

Comment

That was the "dismissal" fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad74 View Post
                              Why did you pay $20?
                              I bet that was court cost... No way around that one.

Comment

Working...
                              X