A Game Of Thrones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Game Of Thrones

Anyone else reading/read this? I'd heard so much about it what with the HBO series and such that I downloaded it Tuesday while I was stuck in the airport in South Carolina.

So far, so good (I'm about 1/4 the way into it), but for a series spanning so many books the author better keep a tight storyline or this thing could go off the rails in a hurry.

I love the HBO series and my wife keeps encouraging me to read the book series, let us know how it goes

Comment

I caught the season 2 finale and got hooked - went back and watched the entire season 1 and 2. Kinda bummed me out when Sean Bean got whacked . . .

Comment

I've read all 5 book. It gets way better.

Comment

Same here, read all the books!!!! Highly recommend!!

Comment

I have read the entire series. Stay the course. Great series.

Comment

My husband, grown son and I have read all 5 of the books. There will be 2 more written. The sixth book is scheduled to be published in 2015 (series started in 1996).
              George R. R. Martin is a large man and is 64 years old. All GoT fans fervently wish him good health.
              We've seen the first two seasons on TV and are very much looking forward to Season 3, starting on 3-31-13.
              Tyrion is my absolute favorite character and the actor who plays him (Peter Dinklage) has done a stellar job.
              Highly recommended!
              (I just bought the official Game of Thrones Cookbook from Amazon last week).
              YES, I'm a fan.

Comment

Great series! Do not get attached to anyone. He (or she) will probably die.

I saw a poster a few weeks ago. It was a picture of GRRM and the caption was, "Every time someone asks when the next book is comming out, a Stark dies."

Comment

Great series. I could not put down the first two and paced myself on the last three given the time in between releases. The story line splits and there are lots of rabbit trails but it generally stays the course. You should probably invest in a large dry erase board and draw multiple ven diagrams to keep up with everyone. I haven't tried to count but it seems like there are about 1,000 characters. The TV series is a great summary but you'll still probably need to re-read everything before the next one comes out. Can't wait for the next one.

Comment

HO

LY

WOW

Just finished book 1 and how he kept all those different stories in line in his head is beyond me. That was an epic read. One of the better books I've read in a while.

Just loaded book 2 on the Kindle and am expecting a long night.

Comment

Hummmmm....I'm looking for a good audio book. Sounds like I should download this one.

Comment

By all means go for the books. available in audio or ebook format. One of the best series written in the genre in decades, it's often called The Lord of the Rings for the 21'st century. The story of the writing and publishing is almost as bizarre as the story itself though. Hope he lives to finish it!

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                          HO

LY

WOW

Just finished book 1 and how he kept all those different stories in line in his head is beyond me. That was an epic read. One of the better books I've read in a while.

Oh man - You are in for a ride. Book 2 is good too, Book 3 is EPIC! Book 4 is good too, kinda deals a lot with the aftermath of 3. I have been saving 5 to read after the season 3 show.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                            HO

LY

WOW

Not surprised you enjoyed it.
                            Now, Season 3 starts this Sunday...if you can, I'd recommend you wait to watch the series until you finish all the (currently published) books. Well, you could watch Season One with no issues....

Comment

Everything M-2 says. Especially Peter Dinklage and Tyrion. I did not buy the cookbook though

Comment

Working...
                              X