Couple of SE Panhandle Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of SE Panhandle Deer

Here are a few from the new lease. Any guess on score on the older bucks would be great. This my first year up there, it s a little harder to judge them. They are bigger bodied than what I'm used to seeing. I'll be holding out for a big boy.

couple nice bucks!

Comment

in the 120's. Healthy bucks.

Comment

Deer and Turkey! Mix a few quail in there and you may have hit the jackpot.

Comment

Looks good

Comment

Good looking bucks

Comment

The big 8 in the last pic with his back to the camera is NICE. Low 130 or so.

On the place I hunt in Collingsworth County, the turkeys are bad too. They are freaking nuisances. Dozens, sometimes hundreds of them eating up all the corn. I hate 'em.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I was thinking the one of the buck at night might go 130. You are right about the turkeys, I am amazed at the # of turkeys in thy area.

Comment

We finally modified our feeders so that the turkey couldn't get to the corn. We put trays under the feeder up about 3' high. Deer can reach the trays, but turkeys can't. Then we put these PVC pipes over the feeder motors and spinners. When the spinner goes, the corn hits the PVC and falls onto the tray. Nothing hits the ground, so the turkeys are out of luck. They don't come running by the hundreds every time they hear the feeders go off anymore. We only have dozens usually now, instead of the hundreds (literally) that we used to have. They don't disrupt the deer around the feeders anymore either. MUCH better.

We did leave one regular feeder spinning corn out on the ground in an out-of-the-way place, and mostly turkeys hit that one.

Comment

That is the size of the deer I have on both of my places around Childress and Estelline.. There are some big deer in the area, especially around the red river basin.. as for turkeys,, they are everywhere as well as quail.. they will do damage on your corn!! good luck

Comment

Nice deer! How big a deer ya holdin out for???

Comment

nice deer!

Comment

Some nice deer and I would be trying to thin down those turkeys too.

Comment

Working...
                          X