Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2018-2019 Lake Whitney , Lake Aquilla hunting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
    Good seeing ya storm. I showed some guys in hugo the pic of those bucks and they were trying to say the one buck was 13 but I don't think so. Lol
    yeah, I don't think so either. lol

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
      Good seeing ya storm. I showed some guys in hugo the pic of those bucks and they were trying to say the one buck was 13 but I don't think so. Lol
      Better to be safe than shoot and it be 12 and 3/4 or something

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah. I want going to risk it. Hopefully he makes it another year or two and he will be decent

Comment

For those that might wonder about shooters/non-shooters, I've got a simple rule for determining if bucks are shooters:

If I have to question if a buck is legal to shoot, I don't shoot. If it's a shooter buck, there will be no question as to it being a shooter buck.

Edit: And it will most likely be a mature buck too.

(unless it's a spike )
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 10-22-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

I do the same as what Texas grown says. If I’m having to guess I let them walk. Does eat just fine

Comment

Yeha, when in doubt, just let them walk

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Well my little spot is 10 foot in the water. Pretty sure I was able to trim some limbs with prop. Lots of corn floating around.

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post
                  Well my little spot is 10 foot in the water. Pretty sure I was able to trim some limbs with prop. Lots of corn floating around.

Hey Justin you can hunt the parking lot with me, there’s plenty of room!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was able to get to my spot this morning. The corn is gone and not much telling how long it has been. I’m sitting in the pop up listening to the rain wishing I had brought a bit warmer clothes lol.

Comment

I was out doing some fishing around the big island at B6 and man couldn't even begin to count all the ducks. Tons of mallards ,teal and gadwall. They were landing around and in the openings on the island

Comment

I think I’ll give it another 30-45 minutes depending on the rain and go home. Still have to tote two bags of corn out here and I’m cold and still recuperating from the rig. It’s a nice cold day but I’m not really in the mood to sit all day

Comment

I’m out to heck with the corn

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post
                            I was out doing some fishing around the big island at B6 and man couldn't even begin to count all the ducks. Tons of mallards ,teal and gadwall. They were landing around and in the openings on the island
                            That's a good sign for this season!

Comment

Originally posted by jgirsh View Post

Good to see ya posting Justin!

Originally posted by Johnny quest View Post

What kind a fish were you after?
                              (Not gonna ask if ya were successful )

Comment

We were crappie fishing under the bridge then went after striper. But only managed one sandbass and a few crappie

Comment

Working...
                                X