Judge for snake gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
    So a Mosserg is the "king" of home defense?
    Not at all, it was to clear up the 14” barrel mention.

Not sure where you want the thread to go, is your cornbread done in the middle Tubby?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
      Furthermore, a 3” 12 gauge has 10 pellets of 000 randomly packed, a 3” 410 has five. Unless you use an extra full choke in the 12 ga when you pattern, you might not want to discount the five rounds in a column from a shell engineered to pattern the best it can out of a 45 bore handgun.

Y’all might wanna do some Bore diameter/shot diameter spread calculations if your math is up to such. Might take a bit more than sixth grade Jethro Bodine cypher-N though.

(Duh? Is 12 ga triple naught more bigger than 410 triple naught...)

If a 410 using 000 buck will collapse a 425lb Boar hog on the spot at 30 yards, I don’t think a home invader is any tougher.

Home defense and hunting, don’t discount the 410.
      I have patterned some of the 5 pellet three inch .410 buck loads out of a H&R Snake Charmer shotgun at 15 yards. I tend to agree that a center mass hit with that would probably stop any human aggressor immediately.

Comment

If I have a handgun,it's usually a ruger Mark 1 with 10 rnds of solid lead ammo,or a ruger bearcat loaded t he same .if I can't dispatch the animal/reptile with that .....Well,I'll reload and keep trying.

Comment

I have the Judge Poly Defender and love it. Great for snakes. with bird shot. And killed a pig with 45 long colt.

Comment

One of the advantages of using the shotshell loads in handguns for snakes is the small pellets do not have much energy if they ricochet.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny44 View Post
              Not at all, it was to clear up the 14” barrel mention.

Not sure where you want the thread to go, is your cornbread done in the middle Tubby?

I don't believe I was the one who derailed it... The OP was about a Judge for a snake gun... somehow home defense of .410 vs 12 ga got thrown into the mix along with barrel length... That is unless we're talking about defending our home from a waterheadedcopperrattler...

Carry on...

Comment

410 Personal Defense rounds or 000 would no doubt stop any human within reasonable range. To think it wouldn't is crazy...just stoking the fire a little bit....
                Attached Files

Comment

LOL, enjoying this thread...keep 'em coming...(OP, you are probably enjoying this huh?)

Comment

Actually I tried the other defense loads. I always like to save others the trouble and expense because everyone ain’t a gun nut like me.

For a 410 to be as effective as a 12 for many applications:

410 Triple 000 Federal Handgun
                    Remington Express XLR
                    Winchester AA
                    Brenneke 3” Slug

Just to save the inevitable Grizzly Bear discussion, I’d use the 410 if I had too but I’d still choose a 12 ga slug.

I do realize snakes build up a genetic tolerance and resistance each passing year like deer, elk, moose, and sheep do.

Comment

Tubby, I have a very thick skin and I’m subject to joke more than many can accept. Please don’t take offense.

Comment

Working...
                      X