No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just wanna say a big thank you again to Oscar and Robert from the Alto Bonito for helping us out and letting us cut through your ranch a non driver buried there truck in the mid and has us blocked in I have pic but can’t get it to load!

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye Mex View Post
      Crossed at Columbia a couple of weeks ago. It went smooth. They did do a pretty good search of the truck. We had to pay tax on some beer but that was it.

How much beer did you have? We’ve been crossing Laredo and taking in a couple cases no issues. Last weekend we had a green so no searching

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
        How much beer did you have? We’ve been crossing Laredo and taking in a couple cases no issues. Last weekend we had a green so no searching
        Policy varies bridge to bridge and agent to agent. Pretty much luck of the draw anytime you’re crossing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadeye Mex View Post
          Crossed at Columbia a couple of weeks ago. It went smooth. They did do a pretty good search of the truck. We had to pay tax on some beer but that was it.

We buy ours over there... coors light is 220
          Pesos or like $12.25 a case.... Tecate is 300
          Pesos or like $18 a case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicobbd187 View Post
            Just wanna say a big thank you again to Oscar and Robert from the Alto Bonito for helping us out and letting us cut through your ranch a non driver buried there truck in the mid and has us blocked in I have pic but can’t get it to load!
            No problem man.. Glad we could help y'all out!!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexicobbd187 View Post

Anytime! Y’all ever need anything just holler!

Comment

Has anyone had any luck getting a vehicle permit online or at the consulate in Houston? I'm having hell with the website (it's all in Spanish) and can't seem to get anyone on the phone.

Last year they gave me a lot of trouble at the border since my truck is a 3/4 ton, so I wanted to try and get this taken care of beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by jclaybennett View Post
                  Has anyone had any luck getting a vehicle permit online or at the consulate in Houston? I'm having hell with the website (it's all in Spanish) and can't seem to get anyone on the phone.

Last year they gave me a lot of trouble at the border since my truck is a 3/4 ton, so I wanted to try and get this taken care of beforehand.
                  The consulate in Houston is a joke if you're a gringo. Tried to get a truck permit issue resolved there many years ago and never got it fixed. Had better luck at the border.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    The consulate in Houston is a joke if you're a gringo. Tried to get a truck permit issue resolved there many years ago and never got it fixed. Had better luck at the border.

Yea, I showed up there yesterday and they wouldn't see me without an appointment. They gave me a number to call to schedule the appointment but it's just a black hole of Spanish speaking recordings.

I have heard they lifted the restrictions on trucks over 1/2 ton. Any truth to that?

Comment

Here are a few pics from last weekend to illustrate how green it is. The flat with the feeder has been dirt since we first saw the place in March. This was the 5th trip and it doesn't look like a desert now. Owner said he can't remember a time it's rained this much over the past few months, we even found a big pond that was full of water between two stands.

Had some water get in our corn trailer and spoil some bags so they got about 40 bags poured down roads to the stands lol. Fixed that problem though!

checking guns was a breeze, no one there when we arrived and we were on our way in 30 mins. Saw about 4 more trucks of hunters cross while we were doing paperwork.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by EastTexasMan; 10-19-2018, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Yea, I showed up there yesterday and they wouldn't see me without an appointment. They gave me a number to call to schedule the appointment but it's just a black hole of Spanish speaking recordings.

I have heard they lifted the restrictions on trucks over 1/2 ton. Any truth to that?
                        Not sure, but I drive my 3/4 in all the time no issues, but I do not pass any checkpoints either so I'm probably no help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Not sure, but I drive my 3/4 in all the time no issues, but I do not pass any checkpoints either so I'm probably no help.

I know several guys that drive 3/4 as well never had an issue... but also don’t pass checkpoints

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            I know several guys that drive 3/4 as well never had an issue... but also don’t pass checkpoints

The problem is the checkpoints. My lease is just past the first checkpoint, so I have to get the permit. I got it last year, but not after about a 2 hour cluster f at the border.

Comment

The problem is the checkpoints. My lease is just past the first checkpoint, so I have to get the permit. I got it last year, but not after about a 2 hour cluster f at the border.

Oh i can only imagine lol

Comment

Right these is exactly why my days of crossing the checkpoint is over... years of headaches wasn't worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X