No announcement yet.

First time buying a home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of questions: Was this discovered through the appraisal or inspection? Or is it FHA and both insp. and appraisal? If they do not have the money to pay for repair, you can ask them to have it done and paid for at closing. You actually have lots of options, as do they. If you are using a Realtor talk to them, if not, I am a real estate broker and would be happy to help you for no charge at all. I just like to make sure first timers do not get ripped. Let me know if I can help. Good Luck and Congrats!

Comment

What exactly is the issue? Sounds like the house may be zoned with a single unit. If so, it can be a nightmare getting things right if it ever is.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cwashby View Post
        Couple of questions: Was this discovered through the appraisal or inspection? Or is it FHA and both insp. and appraisal? If they do not have the money to pay for repair, you can ask them to have it done and paid for at closing. You actually have lots of options, as do they. If you are using a Realtor talk to them, if not, I am a real estate broker and would be happy to help you for no charge at all. I just like to make sure first timers do not get ripped. Let me know if I can help. Good Luck and Congrats!

Discovered during inspection. Realtor has asked them to fix already, they said nothing is wrong with it, now after getting second opinion we’re waiting on a call back from their realtor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
          Yeah man the market in Spring, The Woodlands isnt crazy as it was over the past few years. Just have your realtor talk it through with them, if they are not willing and the price to fix isnt worth it then you can try and find something else. You'll have other options, so many big companies here in north Houston, great homes get put on the market all the time...

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Hit me up, we'll go shoot and then have a beer!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks man! I followed ya. We’ll have to grab a beer or go shoot. Need some shooting buddies around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lots of factors
            What is the cost of repair? Can you swing the cost of the fix?
            We’re there other issues with the home that were discovered
            How much are you invested to this point?
            Are you looking for an ‘out’?

It’s always best to take emotion out of the equation, there will be other homes if you decide to move on. This is a huge investment in your life and future and should be looked at as such

Comment

Originally posted by Austin View Post
              Lots of factors
              What is the cost of repair? Can you swing the cost of the fix?
              We’re there other issues with the home that were discovered
              How much are you invested to this point?
              Are you looking for an ‘out’?

It’s always best to take emotion out of the equation, there will be other homes if you decide to move on. This is a huge investment in your life and future and should be looked at as such
              Correct, but on the other hand it doesn’t make sense to lose a house you want over a few hundred dollars.

Comment

Exactly that’s why I asked the question about investment to the point. Example you really like the house and it fits your families needs and budget.

Cost of repairs are $750 you have option money, appraisal, and inspection already paid for that is likely $1,000. If you walk and go to the next property you get to pay those all over again. Plus the unknown of what might come up there.

I did not intend for it to sound like I was suggesting he put his foot down and say my way or the highway.

Comment

You need to better understand what the issue is and the repair cost. I can't figure out what you are referring to (the space board) is. Is it the circuit board or the thermostat?

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                    Edit after seeing your last post get a quote & see if they will split it with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or see if they will come off the house what it will cost to fix the problem.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Working...
                    X