Views:	1
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	24555900

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0805.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	24555901

This is the one that I got Friday evening before my truck left me stranded. Came in to a bran mix from the south on a south wind. Quartering to me less than 15 yard, I was 17 feet high. Best blood trail I've ever followed on him. He isn't huge but the biggest I've taken with a bow. Pressure is off now so I can focus on a larger one now.

Will be going up to Antlers on Friday to get my truck out of the shop, they got the parts in yesterday.

Comment

I separated my shoulder this few weeks ago. Had to switch to a crossbow for the year. Can you hunt with on of those. They have a crank mechanism to pull back or a hook it around the tree to a belt loop on each side and take off running to pull it back. I have not looked at the regs about them up there yet either.

We can but I should be back with the Mathews in 4 weeks. I will just hunt MLer week with the 50 cal and then back to a real bow. Cross bow will be a last resort for me.

Comment

On the winch up feeders, those things are widow makers. I've been hit under the chin and once on the elbow, and we've had the cable break as soon as the full feeder reached the top and fall and crush the mechanism. Done with those for sure.
          I hate em too. screwed up my finger and my hunting plans.

Comment

Forecast looks great for the beginning of the week! Not sure if I will be able to get up there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by B G View Post
              [ATTACH]928124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928127[/ATTACH]

This is the one that I got Friday evening before my truck left me stranded. Came in to a bran mix from the south on a south wind. Quartering to me less than 15 yard, I was 17 feet high. Best blood trail I've ever followed on him. He isn't huge but the biggest I've taken with a bow. Pressure is off now so I can focus on a larger one now.

Will be going up to Antlers on Friday to get my truck out of the shop, they got the parts in yesterday.

Congrats BG. Meat in the freezer!

Comment

[ATTACH]928124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928127[/ATTACH]

Nice buck man. Looks tasty too.

Comment

2018 Pushmataha County Oklahoma

Sorry to hear some of you guys had vehicle issues. Not a good thing in country where cell service is limited.

Pumped to see some giants hitting the ground arrowslinger. Heck of a deer, your buddy knocked it out of the park.

Well I finally stuck a buck after about 10 years of bow hunting and it felt GREAT. At least 6 of those have been in Oklahoma for the entire season. Have had shot opportunities of decent bucks and had some really good ones hang up in the brush, grateful for the encounters. I’ve had a lot of great responses with bleat “can” calls as far as having them come in hard, but getting them to fully commit and step out once they were in close range has proven to be a challenge. Maybe if I had used a decoy they would have committed.
                  My recent hunt started this past Friday evening and went though Wednesday morning and I happily started my walk back to camp around 7:40 AM after I got my buck.
                  That comes to 5 days sitting in the tree, no sightings of mature bucks except for night time camera captures. On our last morning over coffee before the hunt my cousin and I where cutting up and laughing. Playing out a parody of the Drury outdoors videos we had been watching in the evenings, “Here we are, it’s come to our last morning here in Oklahoma. We’ve seen lots of does and young bucks, but no shooters. Sat many hours waiting though light rain showers and one torrential down pour that forced us to come in early. Let’s make the best of this morning and make something happen.”
                  When this deer stepped out and started munching on hand corn my heart got to thumping and I knew this would be a great first buck with the bow. He needed to make another step forward to clear a limb. In the meantime he stopped to check the air four times and I was praying he wouldn’t detect me. He took one half step but the limb was still in my way. I had a couple inches to step forward on my platform and that’s all I needed. He ran about 20 yards.

Wishing you all the best of luck this season. Post up them LDP’s!

Last edited by Vantage Point; 10-11-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

[ATTACH]928124[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928125[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928126[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]928127[/ATTACH]

Congrats on the buck! Nice looking deer! This cooler weather thats moved in has got me itching to be in the woods. Of course my work schedule all the sudden is the busiest its been in 6+ months! Couldn't be worse timing!

Comment

Originally posted by Vantage Point View Post
                      Sorry to hear some of you guys had vehicle issues. Not a good thing in country where cell service is limited.

Pumped to see some giants hitting the ground arrowslinger. Heck of a deer, your buddy knocked it out of the park.

Well I finally stuck a buck after about 10 years of bow hunting and it felt GREAT. At least 6 of those have been in Oklahoma for the entire season. Have had shot opportunities of decent bucks and had some really good ones hang up in the brush, grateful for the encounters. I’ve had a lot of great responses with bleat “can” calls as far as having them come in hard, but getting them to fully commit and step out once they were in close range has proven to be a challenge. Maybe if I had used a decoy they would have committed.
                      My recent hunt started this past Friday evening and went though Wednesday morning and I happily started my walk back to camp around 7:40 AM after I got my buck.
                      That comes to 5 days sitting in the tree, no sightings of mature bucks except for night time camera captures. On our last morning over coffee before the hunt my cousin and I where cutting up and laughing. Playing out a parody of the Drury outdoors videos we had been watching in the evenings, “Here we are, it’s come to our last morning here in Oklahoma. We’ve seen lots of does and young bucks, but no shooters. Sat many hours waiting though light rain showers and one torrential down pour that forced us to come in early. Let’s make the best of this morning and make something happen.”
                      When this deer stepped out and started munching on hand corn my heart got to thumping and I knew this would be a great first buck with the bow. He needed to make another step forward to clear a limb. In the meantime he stopped to check the air four times and I was praying he wouldn’t detect me. He took one half step but the limb was still in my way. I had a couple inches to step forward on my platform and that’s all I needed. He ran about 20 yards.

Wishing you all the best of luck this season. Post up them LDP’s!

Congrats man! Awesome Buck! I bet all those years and many hours of waiting and waiting for the perfect opportunity made that buck even more special. And I can imagine it took a lot of patience! Thats what makes a trophy in my opinion! I bet you had one big smile on your face walking back to camp at 740am! I haven't killed a deer with my bow in about 5+ years so I'm super excited and hope to get some opportunities this season! Again congrats !

Comment

Another lease mate got one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

The big boys are starting to move it seems!!!!

Congrats to him. Nice deer!

Comment

Nice bucks starting to hit the ground. still undecided on if I am headed up this weekend. lots of rain on the way. I'll be up the entire MZ season and the first and last five days of rifle. Bow hunting is tough in our area (one creek road north of Finley) so I've nearly converted to an Oklahoma gun hunter only these days. Still use stick and string in TX where I hunt the most though. I've got a few cameras running. hope to be able to contribute to the game cam and LDP pics soon like in years past..

great deer vantage point

Comment

nice bucks!

Comment

He did his part by showing up while I was at work.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X