Gun safe in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
    anybody in Houston leave theirs's in the garage?
    See post 13

Comment

I keep a light on in mine no prob

Comment

5 years with no problems. I’m just south of Houston

Comment

Originally posted by DirkDiggler View Post
          Anyone keep their gun safe in the garage? I’m needing to clear up some room for our incoming baby and am either going to have to sell my big safe or move it to the garage.

I am worried about the humidity living where we do but was wondering if I could just run one of those small dehumidifiers in it?

Thanks for any advice,

Zac

5 more threads where that came from. Same results.

Comment

how much would you sell it for?

Comment

I have 3 safes in my bedroom. If the wife has a problem with it she can go to the garage.

Hoggslayer

Comment

I'd be afraid of someone tying a chain onto it and dragging it out the driveway. maybe that would be too much work..who knows

Comment

Originally posted by SPUD View Post
                  I'd be afraid of someone tying a chain onto it and dragging it out the driveway. maybe that would be too much work..who knows
                  Unless you’re in the county, that makes too much noise draws way too much attention. Most burglars don’t want to be noticed and want to blend in, at least in most suburban areas. Mines in my garage by the door leading to the house. If they want it, they’ll have to work really hard to get it. And ultimately, if they do make off with it they won’t get far dragging a safe.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                    Unless you’re in the county, that makes too much noise draws way too much attention. Most burglars don’t want to be noticed and want to blend in, at least in most suburban areas. Mines in my garage by the door leading to the house. If they want it, they’ll have to work really hard to get it. And ultimately, if they do make off with it they won’t get far dragging a safe.
                    that's the thing...I DO live out in the country

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                      Year or two ago in San Marcos a few guys picked up a medium sized safe and put it in a car in broad daylight.

Homeowner had security cameras that went off and he saw it go down on his phone and called the cops.

Folks are brazen

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I have 3 safes in my bedroom. If the wife has a problem with it she can go to the garage.

Hoggslayer
                        Yeah...how small of a place is the OP in that a safe HAS TO go to the garage to make room for the baby??? Heck no.... There has to be a place to be able to keep the guns in the climate controlled. A big investment to put them out in Texas humidity...

Comment

Working...
                        X