No announcement yet.

The other 13 thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure how I missed this. Just read it all. Good luck putting him on the ground this year! Awesome buck. The history you have with him will make it all the sweeter when you close the deal.

Comment

I think he has 72 inches of tines right now. 40 inches beam? 36mass? 15 spread?

That adds up to 163 if my math was right. I might have cut him a little short on beams and mass. Big deer..

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
        I think he has 72 inches of tines right now. 40 inches beam? 36mass? 15 spread?

That adds up to 163 if my math was right. I might have cut him a little short on beams and mass. Big deer..

That’s very close to my math
        I have 20/20 beams
        15” spread
        37” mass
        60” tines
        12” junk

164” gross

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

His beams could be over 20”
          His right side will have several big mass measurements.
          And his spread could be a tad more.
          Either way I’m seeing around a 2 foot jump from last years guess!

Comment

Originally posted by Hix View Post
            His beams could be over 20”
            His right side will have several big mass measurements.
            And his spread could be a tad more.
            Either way I’m seeing around a 2 foot jump from last years guess!

And he is still growing length.

Comment

The other 13 thread...

Had a serious camera fail while I was gone to work for 2 weeks.
              My main camera where i plan to hunt him the most had a faulty SD card and took zero pics 200# mega pile of hand corn and 100# gravity feeder emptied.

2nd camera “where i hunted 13 last year” its batteries crapped after a few days of taking 100’s of pics a day (none of him but 4 other nice bucks). My FIL was hand corning it for me every 4-5 days and said it was all cleaned up.

3rd camera placed on a trail that skirts a tall bank of a reserve pit and crosses over to my hunting area, that I’ve caught him traveling on a few times, had a limb fall in front of it and basically made it useless.

4th camera.. ol trusty, Ive ran on a spin feeder for 4 years in my back pasture mainly just to see deer from the house snapped a few crappy pics of him on the 15th. 3 weeks from the last pic. No action since but he could have been cleaning up hand corn since.

Re corned, fixed all my technical issues and now have a month to wait and see!
              Hurry up Sept 29th

Here’s a low quality glimpse of him

Last edited by Hix; 08-29-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

That is one heck of a deer. Glad I got all caught up on the story. following along now.

Comment

Man i was hoping to see cleaned up pics! post them as soon as you get them. hes big.

Comment

One of the mature bucks just started peeling yesterday.
                    I’m gonna stay out of there until Tuesday and see if he shows.

Comment

One of the mature bucks just started peeling yesterday.
                      I’m gonna stay out of there until Tuesday and see if he shows.

Best of luck this year, I just went back and looked at multiple mature east Texas buck harvest threads to get an ideal of body size and head / ears size and that deer will scare the heck out of 70’s in my opinion.

Drop dead beast of a deer.

Rwc

Comment

5 days out!!!
                        Sure hope he’s regular when I get back in town and check cameras Wednesday
                        Side note: Got a disturbing picture from my neighbor of a dead hog in the ditch across from my place...
                        Haven’t seen a hog in 7 years around there and hope it was just a fluke deal or someone dumped it out, if not my hand corn spots could be ruined.

My FIL has been hand corning one spot every 4 days for me and said no signs of hog that he could tell.

Comment

5 days out!!!
                          Sure hope he’s regular when I get back in town and check cameras Wednesday
                          Side note: Got a disturbing picture from my neighbor of a dead hog in the ditch across from my place...
                          Haven’t seen a hog in 7 years around there and hope it was just a fluke deal or someone dumped it out, if not my hand corn spots could be ruined.

My FIL has been hand corning one spot every 4 days for me and said no signs of hog that he could tell.

Good luck. I hope he is in there regular for you. Excited to see some close up photos of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah man.. i hope you get to enjoy your time in the woods chasing some whitetail!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Man these two weeks gone at the rig, counting down the days have been so long!
                              Dang deer consuming my thoughts all day Lol.
                              My 8 year anniversary is first week of October, but for some reason this deer may delay that lol

Comment

All caught up, good luck this weekend!

Comment

Working...
                                X